The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Did anyone miss out on grades yet still get accepted into imperial

I'm going to be apying for imperial this year for aeronautical engineering, and the required grades are A* A* A, but I think I might only get A*AA if that, does anyone know if they accept people with missed grades at all?
Reply 1
Why aeronautical ?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I might apply for Aeronautics with spacecraft engineering at imperial
Original post by Notions
I might apply for Aeronautics with spacecraft engineering at imperial

Same either that or just aeronautical with a year abroad, and because it's just always been an interest of mine as I love aircraft and spacecraft, but I doubt I'll get the grades to get in
Reply 4
Original post by Mickeymouseisok
Same either that or just aeronautical with a year abroad, and because it's just always been an interest of mine as I love aircraft and spacecraft, but I doubt I'll get the grades to get in

I think it'd be bloody interesting, but the career prospects arent great when it comes to salary..
Original post by Notions
I think it'd be bloody interesting, but the career prospects arent great when it comes to salary..

The starting salary used to motivate me to get good grades as its so high compared to a lot of fields 😭 are you doing a levels?
Reply 6
The starting salary used to motivate me to get good grades as its so high compared to a lot of fields 😭 are you doing a levels?

Sorry at first I wrote 'are' but meant 'aren't' . I don't really think the salaries are that great really:/ in comparison to chemical engineering..

I have just finished my a levels in maths , chemistry , physics and have an AS in further maths. I'm hoping to achieve A*A*A
Reply 7

And am applying in my gap year ,(2016 entry)
Original post by Notions
And am applying in my gap year ,(2016 entry)

I think engineering starting salary is pretty good compared to a lot of fields, some graduates only earn £21000 a year whereas engineering is a lot higher, and good luck with your results! I'm waiting on As results so I might see you there in 2016
Reply 9
I think engineering starting salary is pretty good compared to a lot of fields, some graduates only earn £21000 a year whereas engineering is a lot higher, and good luck with your results! I'm waiting on As results so I might see you there in 2016

Thanks and good luck with your AS! Maybe I will see you ahah :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest