Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://shop.game.net/tradein

OK so GAME have an offer on until 5pm this Sunday where you can trade in ANY 4 games and 99p for a brand spankin' new £39.99 game. Now what I'm thinking is that you buy some cheap PS2 games for £5 or less (like Turok Evolution, Wetrix +, that kind of bargain bin crap - some games they sell really cheap) at another store (or in my case another GAME store as there are three in Guildford) then go to the GAME store and trade them in for a new game thus saving a lot of money (well, £20 at most really)!

I'm going to trade in Turok Evolution (Xbox, crap game), Half-Life (PS2, crap game on PS2), Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PS2, beaten so many times) and Star Wars Rogue Leader (GC, bored of it) for Rallisport Challenge 2 on Xbox.

ReputationRep:
    Is Rallisport 2 any good? I can remember playing a demo for the first one and thought that WRC on the PS2 slayed it hands down.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't played it personally but a few friends have recommended it (days before my Business Studies AS exams, cheers guys!)

Take a look here - http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/917536.asp - it has scored a very high average and is meant to be an amazing game.

*shrugs* Might as well trade in the games and gain some shelf space!

(CRAP I have work in a few hours)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it seems to have got a decent review, rally games have to rank as some of the most addictive though! I can remember WRC taking a bloody age to complete - it was a decent play with three mates though!

I was bitterly disappointed by Project Gotham 2 though, I've hardly played on it and gave it to a mate ages ago - in my opinion it is overrated, though I don't have Xbox Live yet. I just want Halo 2 to come along and that rival PS2 FPS - Killzone (and of course GTA San Andreas). Both my machines will gather dust until then.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I prefer Project Gotham Racing 2 over any other racing game (including GT3) it's just a fun and addictive game! I'm going to head in to town with a bag o' crap games and trade them in for Rallisport 2, one word of warning, my local GAME is refusing to sell people those pisscheap PS2 games as they've realised that people are just trading them in at the store down the road!

Painkiller looks pretty good on Xbox too, I haven't read much about Killzone though. My PS2 gathers quite a lot of dust apart from when I want to play GTA (which I could've got on Xbox anyway, bah).

ReputationRep:
    Ooo, I think I might trade in Beyond Good + Evil (PS2), Project Gotham 1 - do you reckon they will take my promotional JetSet/SegaGT as two valid games? (They are on a single disc and just came in a paper slip case)

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance in hell to be honest, Microsoft gave that away free with the Xbox so it'll be like Sega giving away ChuChu Rocket! on Dreamcast which had a trade in value of nothing.

You can try but I'd be surprised if they take it at all let alone count it as two games, they also need to be in good working condition (with instruction manual and box, the JSRF/Sega GT disc comes in a crappy paper sleeve DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!). Where's the love for JSRF?

Hmm, I could trade in the old WWE games on PS2 but then I wouldn't know what to get.....why oh why does this happen in half-term week before exams?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, lol, it's ridiculous having it now! I wish I had remembered earlier on though, because I went into Brum to buy three English critics and I would have gone to GAME. I can't really be arsed to go back into town today though, might go in tommorrow.

I don't know what to get either though! But I suppose virtually anything is a bargain. It's a shame though, because I've either given away or lent out a lot of my crap PS2 games and I haven't the time nor the inclination to chase people for them. Why this weekend?

JSRF is quite good, but I hardly ever play on it and SegaGT is rather pants IMO.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.