The Student Room Group

Aston uni vs swansea uni computer science

Which uni should I go to opinions on both ?
I'd go for Swansea, their engineering department is really shooting up the rankings at the moment and they're building a lot of new facilities for it
Original post by lowedenskitv
Which uni should I go to opinions on both ?

Hi there,

Rather than throwing marketing babble at you, i was wondering if you had any specific questions about Aston that i can help you with?

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi there,

Rather than throwing marketing babble at you, i was wondering if you had any specific questions about Aston that i can help you with?

Josh

I want go be a software engineer but the thing i care about the most is getting a job, has any of your students work for big companies? And with no specific knowledge of programming would I be way behind other students because I heard aston does a lot of moduals
Original post by lowedenskitv
I want go be a software engineer but the thing i care about the most is getting a job, has any of your students work for big companies? And with no specific knowledge of programming would I be way behind other students because I heard aston does a lot of moduals

Hi,

I have some good news for you, we have ranked in the top 10 for graduate employability for the last ten years, you're in safe hands our graduates and placement year students have taken up spots in companies such as IBM, Virgin Media, Microsoft and Facebook. We have a strong track record when it comes to working with global brands.

If you want to become a software engineer then our computing science course is your best bet. You may be at a slight disadvantage having never touched code before, but i wouldn't let that discourage you, the first year of our courses are all designed to bring everyone up to speed regardless of their backgrounds upon entry, thus it doesn't contribute to your final classification mark. You can see on the course page there is a module on the foundations of java coding to help everyone learn the basics of that language.

Anything else just give me a shout.

Josh

Quick Reply

Latest