cytja_0288
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm an international student thinking of applying to UEL for the Acting MA program; but I'm unsure as to whether or not I should continue since I've heard mixed reviews about the university itself. I'm now going to reach out to current and past students of the Acting program: what did you think of the campus? Is the program worth studying? Are the professors fun and engaging? What other backgrounds are the students from? How competitive is the program?

I would really like some honest answers since that would really help me decide whether or not I should continue onto applying for the program. Thanks!
Windies
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cytja_0288)
I'm an international student thinking of applying to UEL for the Acting MA program; but I'm unsure as to whether or not I should continue since I've heard mixed reviews about the university itself. I'm now going to reach out to current and past students of the Acting program: what did you think of the campus? Is the program worth studying? Are the professors fun and engaging? What other backgrounds are the students from? How competitive is the program?

I would really like some honest answers since that would really help me decide whether or not I should continue onto applying for the program. Thanks!
Look at the league tables
cytja_0288
Rep:
?
I think the league tables answered my question whether or not I should continue with the application.

Thanks, Windies!
username1957221
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you talking about the Acting programmes that Italia Conti offers? Conti, though its courses are accredited by the University of East London, is very much its own school - and is actually one of the best drama schools in the country. I don't know much about UEL's reputation, but Conti basically operates as an independent school anyway. Most drama schools work this way - they still offer the same high quality conservatoire training they always have done, but now their students actually get a degree via a university. If it's drama schools you want, try not to judge them by the Unis they're affiliated to. Also, nearly all of them are entry by audition only, so be prepared for that. Hope that makes sense, and answers your question.
cytja_0288
Rep:
?
RemusJames, I was talking about the acting program at UEL, not the Conti program affiliated with the university. I am aware that it's by audition and I've been investigating the programs I'm interested in. I was just hoping to hear from actual students at UEL to see if they liked the program or that it's not worth studying. I've heard mixed reviews about UEL itself, and looking at the league tables is not helping either since they are so low...
cacra
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, UEL is something of a laughing stock,
YScovino
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I was doing my research on acting programs and came across this thread. Just out of curiosity, have you heard more about UEL's MA Acting? Or decided on any other program? I'm finding it's so much harder to come to a conclusion on a good MA, there are few options in Drama Schools if we want intensive acting training, and as for the universities it's just really hard to get a good sense of what the experience is going to be like, or if it's worth it...
Malu Sá
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I also in the same situation now. I´m looking for a MA in acting and found out about the MA acting programme of UEL. Is it a woth studdying?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads