What stationery will I need for startin Yr 10?

Watch this thread
JoannaHarris
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what stationery is needed for starting Yr 10. I have decided to take Music, Geography & ICT, and it would be really helpful if I could know what I will need so I can start prepping myself for the stressful two years ahead. Also, if someone could give my some everyday revision tips that would be great!

Thanks!
Windies
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
MyChemicalGarden
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Literally, or just rob some pens from Barclay's

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1812697
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JoannaHarris)
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what stationery is needed for starting Yr 10. I have decided to take Music, Geography & ICT, and it would be really helpful if I could know what I will need so I can start prepping myself for the stressful two years ahead. Also, if someone could give my some everyday revision tips that would be great!

Thanks!
hiya I would advise u to get a mini jotter pad to get ur notes in,the usual pen pencil and ruler,rubber a SCIENTIFIC calculator and a maths set.Be prepared and don't worry!also get highlighters to help u with revision and maybe even some pencil crayons.Good luck and all the best for the next two years...I was and still love my stationery!!!
Gogregg
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You won't need any organisation tools for year 10. You most likely won't be starting revision until year 11, so just go for the standard pen and pencil.
I would suggest, though, to get an A4 snap wallet to carry around with you in your bag for loose sheets, but otherwise, you won't need anything else.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hello,
Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about what stationery is needed for starting Yr 10.
Stationery: Black pen, Blue pen (yes both). That's it.
I have decided to take Music, Geography & I.C.T.
Good luck(with Geography).
It would be really helpful if I could know what I will need so I can start prepping myself for the stressful two years ahead.
Correction: "...stressful one year ahead..." (year 11)
Also, if someone could give my some everyday revision tips that would be great!
Past Papers! Every possible exam material for that specification! Find it and save it! Tell me all of your exam boards!
04MR17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MyChemicalGarden)
Literally, or just rob some pens from Barclay's.
They're for valued customers (like me) and anyone else who happened to walk in...
(Original post by Windies)
Please, I'm a pacifist.
(Original post by MyChemicalGarden)
Pencil, pen, rubber, ruler, calculator. That's all I had and I got 2 A*s and 7As and 3 Distinctions.
But you don't like to mention all that. Joking.
The_Blade
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Most days I went in with just a pen.

Just get the same as you would get for any year previously, what you need doesn't really change.
catzilla
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Nothing special TBH, just what you used this year.

You dont even need a notebook, just ask your teacher for an exercise book.
kate37
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hey I just left year 10 so this is my advice.
I would buy biros in black (several), blue, red and green (for marking yours or others work). Obviously have rulers and rubbers and a good bunch of pencils because you will lose them. You'll also need a scientific calculator if you don't have one already. I find that making notes is a lot better if you have coloured pens to write titles and keywords etc in different colours or for when you're drawing diagrams. Also, get one big notebook for whenever you've forgotten a book or need to file some notes in a folder. My school requires you to use folders in some subjects, but if you want to do that out of your own choice then some filing paper is really good.
04MR17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kate37)
Hey I just left year 10 so this is my advice. I would buy biros in black (several), blue, red and green (for marking yours or others work). Obviously have rulers and rubbers and a good bunch of pencils because you will lose them. You'll also need a scientific calculator if you don't have one already. I find that making notes is a lot better if you have coloured pens to write titles and keywords etc in different colours or for when you're drawing diagrams. Also, get one big notebook for whenever you've forgotten a book or need to file some notes in a folder. My school requires you to use folders in some subjects, but if you want to do that out of your own choice then some filing paper is really good.
This is what you'll need for Year 11.
ThePrimeMover
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
"Stressful two years ahead"

Posted from TSR Mobile
ps1265A
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Pencil case with pens, pencils, rubber etc,

And of course, you need a maths set!
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Yay Geography! I've just completed Geography A Level. It's touch and go how I've done but as long as I've got what I need to get into uni then it's okay good luck with GCSE!
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
I'm pretty sure every school will provide you with everything you'll need. The only thing I've ever brought was a pen and a pencil (excluding Art, which I brought my own tools)
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ThePrimeMover)
"Stressful two years ahead"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, don't be mean. When I was in Year 10 I was thinking exactly the same thing.
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hi, don't get too stressed about year 10. You will need the basic stationary like pens (I'd say both or just black, especially for the end of year tests/mocks), rubbers, a 30cm ruler which is very useful for science, pencil sharpener, colouring pens or pencils for diagrams and highlighters are useful for revision notes too. Make sure you have the required maths equipment. I bought an Oxford stationary set which is great. It basically has things like a pair of compasses and a protractor. I like to cover my books too, so I bought clear plastic book covers for all of my books too. Revision differs for each person. I'd say that I prefer using mind maps with the assistance of highlighters.
DorothyMay17
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
What equipment do I need i am doing Media, Food Tech, Geography and Psychology?
AbbieMai
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
for geography I recommend getting a GCSE starter booklet and around 2 notebooks for notes and small little details.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.2%
Not yet, but I will soon (63)
18.21%
No (137)
39.6%

Watched Threads