allybop99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Should I wait another year?
Will I end up with no friends?
Will I not be able to get into freshers?

Anyone else going to be 17 at uni or where 17 in first year? I'm not 18 until the start of second year.
Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How shouldn't you be in college?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by allybop99)
Should I wait another year?
Will I end up with no friends?
Will I not be able to get into freshers?

Anyone else going to be 17 at uni or where 17 in first year? I'm not 18 until the start of second year.
I think its a personal choice really. You wont be able to join in with the events involving alcohol but doesn't mean you cant join any societies or sports teams or anything like that. People make friends through their course itself and your flatmates so dont worry about making friends too much
allybop99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
How shouldn't you be in college?
No I'm in school and planning on entering uni for 2016. I'm from Scotland and assuming you aren't in Scotland you stay in school until you are 16-18 then go to either uni, college ect.
allybop99
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I think its a personal choice really. You wont be able to join in with the events involving alcohol but doesn't mean you cant join any societies or sports teams or anything like that. People make friends through their course itself and your flatmates so dont worry about making friends too much
Thanks yeah one of my biggest worries was not being able to do anything at freshers plus missing out on the whole going out experience whilst everyone else does. But then again I have the rest of my life to go out right?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by allybop99)
Thanks yeah one of my biggest worries was not being able to do anything at freshers plus missing out on the whole going out experience whilst everyone else does. But then again I have the rest of my life to go out right?
Yes you do have the rest of your life for that
Kittni
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
One of my closest friends at university was 17 in the first year while I was 19. There are plenty of people who skip the night events for various reasons, you won't be the only one. He was really active in a few societies and made loads of friends, nobody ever said anything about his age. If you feel ready generally then don't let a fear of not making friends hold you back
Bethanyduck
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll be 17 going to uni this year, I've taken a gap year this last year otherwise I would have been 16. Fortunately I'll be 18 this November so I'm only miss out for about a month, but I also worry about missing out on freshers. I think I'd take a gap year if I wasn't turning 18 till the second year though personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.82%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.18%

Watched Threads