The Student Room Group

How much more attention will getting well built get me from girls?

I was just wondering how much more attention being well built (having big muscles) would get from girls at Uni and in clubs etc. (I'm 19). I've been going to the gym for 3 months and already starting to see a bit more attention from girls, I'm pretty tall and Atm i'm kind of half way between lanky and well built but i've got more work to do. I'm not talking about ridiculous muscles but like this: http://malecelebnews.com/wp-content/images/2012/01/Wiehahn-Stiglingh-in-Mens-Health-magazine-02.jpg

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Basically the question is does getting well built / muscular lead to a lot more attention from girls rather than if you're skinny
it does from girls who are into it, but otherwise not really - depends on the person you want to attract

Posted from TSR Mobile
A lot more

Seriously.
Reply 4
Original post by saifkhawaja
it does from girls who are into it, but otherwise not really

Posted from TSR Mobile

But surely most girls prefer a guy who is well built and fits his clothes well rather than skinny with his clothes hanging off him?
Reply 5
Girls won't make the first move. If that's what you're waiting for you're wasting your time. What the gym will do for you however, is it will give you the confidence to initiate things for yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
But surely most girls prefer a guy who is well built and fits his clothes well rather than skinny with his clothes hanging off him?

from my experience some dont really care - it depends really. and if you look good and can pull off your body type it shouldnt really be a problem either way (imo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends what type of girl you prefer.
Personally, I find muscles and all that, off putting and not attractive at all.
Barely any difference. Just spit bars

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

I was reading around elsewhere a while ago about this and men did seem to suggest that there was a point between average and intimidating where they did get more female success. Where that is relative to your height though, I've no idea. Perhaps a better question to ask the lifters in the fitness section.

I'd say your last point is a false equivalency though because that's more to do with what you wear and where you buy it. Evan Davies (Newsnight and Dragons Den) is very skinny and pretty ugly in the face but look at him in a properly fitted expensive suit.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by theonly1
Girls won't make the first move. If that's what you're waiting for you're wasting your time. What the gym will do for you however, is it will give you the confidence to initiate things for yourself.

But they may check you out / give you eye contact more, letting you know that they're interested
You will get incredible increases in interest.

Don't listen to the guys here who say no, they've probably never known anything different.

Don't listen to the girls here who say no. Watch what girls do, not what they say. Do you ever see Mr average physique getting fawned over?
It wont make a difference. You will have your shirt on most of the time anyways so why bother
it does makes a difference.....as I've transformed my body into being more muscular I get compliments all the time and girls looking at me more. Building dat greek god physique girls love it :wink:
Original post by FlyingNinja1
It wont make a difference. You will have your shirt on most of the time anyways so why bother

yeah until you wear a v-neck....or a baseball tee and your arms are hugging the sleeves and your chest is well defined....makes a huge difference. You look so much better in clothes
Reply 15

Of course it will make a huge difference. Girls are more interested in a buff guy than a skinny twig. Muscles don't disappear under a shirt on you can still see them if they are big, especially on the arms
Original post by trapking
it does makes a difference.....as I've transformed my body into being more muscular I get compliments all the time and girls looking at me more. Building dat greek god physique girls love it :wink:

Awesome, mind me asking how muscular you were before girls started complimenting you / looking at you more (like a height and weight)?
Awesome, mind me asking how muscular you were before girls started complimenting you / looking at you more (like a height and weight)?

I used to be soooo skinny lol

I'm 5 ft 7.5 ish and now im around the 77kg mark lean and fairly ripped....it's still a work in progress though wana get a lil bit bigger and more toned :biggrin:
It will make a big difference, you will look and feel much better, you will become more confident (you said you're getting more attention so it's working). The guy in the picture isn't that good (people thinking he looks good proves how out of shape most men are). 2-3 years of serious lifting (plus hitting your macros) will get you decent mass with abs. You will look better and more attractive than most men.

Don't forget to take before and after pics so you will see how different you looked.

Anyone who lifts weights seriously will have bigger everything (arms, back, shoulders etc). You can wear a shirt and people can still see the size, definition etc of your biceps.
I've been lifting for just over 4 years, I get so much more attention now than I did before I started lifting. I was a skinny fat sack of crap. Girls now approach me, I see girls eye fking me on the tube, in the gym etc. Getting laid becomes 10x easier (as long as you don't have the personality of a potato and you're nice).

The guy in the link doesn't even look like he lifts.

Quick Reply

Latest