The Student Room Group

Stationery needed for year 11 and revision?

The title is pretty self explanatory, I'm going in to year 11 this year and I want my notes to be as organised as possible. I was wondering if any one has recommendations on what stationery I should get and what will be best for revision.
Off the top of my head:

a) Pens of your preferred writing colour. I'd suggest black, as this is the colour you need to write your exams in.
b) Other coloured pens, eg. green, red, etc.
c) Sticky notes, both the ordinary square shaped ones to put notes down on and the small, rectangular ones to keep pages you find important in textbooks / etc.
d) Highlighters!
e) Your preferred type of pencil.
f) A geometry set.
g) A scientific calculator.
h) A notebook. I really like the ones with dividers to seperate the notes from your different subjects!
i) Plastic wallets.
j) File.
k) File dividers to seperate your different subjects.
l) Labels. During my exams, I took notes on a topic within a subject (eg. histograms in Maths) and I'd put all that work in one plastic wallet and label it, "Histograms." I found it to be really helpful.
m) Rubber / eraser and sharpener, if they have not already been provided by the above listed items / deemed unecessary.

Sorry if I've missed any out. Good luck with your exams!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kate37
The title is pretty self explanatory, I'm going in to year 11 this year and I want my notes to be as organised as possible. I was wondering if any one has recommendations on what stationery I should get and what will be best for revision.

Binder folder things for each subject, and a spare one to keep all of your past papers you're going to use in!

Post-it notes, you know what they're for...

Coloured pens

Those refill paper pads are better than notebooks, you can rip the pages out cleanly and put them into the folders!

Stapler and holepunch for past papers

30cm ruler, a nice solid one

Flashcard box to keep all of your flashcards together!

Quick Reply

Latest