Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, heres the Stimuli for my Legal exam, whilst I have most of the legal issues pointed out, what I really need is a case study. It can be from anywhere in the world. Id really appreciate it if anyone knows of one and could post a link or something, with relative legislation. Or even point out some issues I may have missed.

Ive got breach of contract, sexual harassment etc...

Ingrid Gibson is a civil engineer in a small engineering company. Ingrid had developed a unique method of putting together submissions that had been highly successful for the company.

She is thinking about getting a job with a large international conglomerate for a more lucrative remuneration package.

At the interview she is asked, “Are you prepared to move?”
    “Yes” she answered. She is confused, the job is based in Brisbane. The next question the interviewer asks her is, “If you had to move how many people would we have to move?” She replies “my husband, my two young children, my cat and my furniture.”

She receives a letter a week later telling her, regrettably that she didn’t get the job.

Ingrid is in the lunch room a week later and Chad tells her that Fran West got the job she had applied for. She is outraged. She has far more skill and experience than Frank, Warren laughs. “You didn’t get the job because you haven’t balls big enough for the job.”

Ingrid stands up and slaps Warren hard across the face. She yells, “That’s it I quit, I’ve had enough!”

The owner of the company runs after her yelling, “You can’t quit we’ve got a million dollar contract with the Brisbane City Council to build a tunnel. We need to finish the preliminary reports. Your contract doesn’t end until next month.

Ingrid rents the space beside her former employer and sets up her own engineering business. She uses the method she developed, to win many contracts from the small company she previously worked for.
    thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    anyone??

Ok then does anyone have any info on law about something which is produced by someone under contract with their company and then they leave the company and market that product somewhere else?

ReputationRep:
    I did something like that on the professionalism module for computing but it ended up being 20 000 words.

I don't think it's exactly what you want but here's a link to the case.

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/courses/CS325b/prism.html

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Also, anyone who knows much on Intellectual property law if you would be so kind as to refer a case, that would be grand.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.