The Student Room Group

Open days VS medicine specific open days

Should I bother going to an open day at a uni e.g. Queen Mary as well as their medicine specific open day? Would you advise going to both or could I save time by just going to the medicine specific open day?
Do open days tend to offer more ie. more chance to ask questions and look around campus? Or can you do all that at a medicine specific one, because I saw that the queen mary (Barts) medicine open day has a schedule of events.
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
Should I bother going to an open day at a uni e.g. Queen Mary as well as their medicine specific open day? Would you advise going to both or could I save time by just going to the medicine specific open day?
Do open days tend to offer more ie. more chance to ask questions and look around campus? Or can you do all that at a medicine specific one, because I saw that the queen mary (Barts) medicine open day has a schedule of events.

No point - separate campuses, separate staff, separate unions, separate everything. The QMUL open day will be really general and there will be a minimal number of staff there who will be knowledgeable about BL admissions.

Just wait for the dedicated BL open day :smile:
Original post by Democracy
No point - separate campuses, separate staff, separate unions, separate everything. The QMUL open day will be really general and there will be a minimal number of staff there who will be knowledgeable about BL admissions.

Just wait for the dedicated BL open day :smile:

Thank you!!!
Have you been to open days before? If so, have you found any general open days helpful?
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
Thank you!!!
Have you been to open days before? If so, have you found any general open days helpful?

I went to the UCL (or as it was then, RF&UCMS) and GKT open days back in *ahem ahem*.

They were both good fun. The UCL student showed us round her hall then took us to Subway during the lunch break. We then chilled on the main quad opposite the Cruciform building. And the GKT day finished off with a tour of the pathology museum.

It gets you in the mood for applying to uni, but it's by no means essential. All the questions you could possibly have could be answered on here or by checking the med school websites. You can visit the campuses any time you like by yourself too, but of course it's nicer to be given a proper tour by a current student.

If you can make it, go. If you can't, it's not a big deal :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Democracy
I went to the UCL (or as it was then, RF&UCMS) and GKT open days back in *ahem ahem*.

They were both good fun. The UCL student showed us round her hall then took us to Subway during the lunch break. We then chilled on the main quad opposite the Cruciform building. And the GKT day finished off with a tour of the pathology museum.

It gets you in the mood for applying to uni, but it's by no means essential. All the questions you could possibly have could be answered on here or by checking the med school websites. You can visit the campuses any time you like by yourself too, but of course it's nicer to be given a proper tour by a current student.

If you can make it, go. If you can't, it's not a big deal :smile:

Thank you for the super helpful reply :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending