The Student Room Group

A levels

Hi guys,

So i just wanted to get an overall view on what two subjects are better. For my a levels i'm pretty set on doing english lit and music but for my other two subjects, i can't decide between biology and chemistry or physics and math.

I know math is a great subject to have at a level and uni's love it. I also really like physics as a subject along with chemistry but i'm quite scared to do it because i feel like i won't get the grade i want even if i work hard... Obviously i don't know but yeah i'm still not 100% sure what i want to pick.
I was thinking to go down a natural science route but im not sure.
Lemme know what ya'll think are the two best ones to do.
Thankssss! :smile:
Reply 1
Do what you enjoy... you will like a levels a lot more that way. And a lot of uni's are flexible with what sciences you do as long as you pick maths.
Reply 2
Original post by Pato1
Do what you enjoy... you will like a levels a lot more that way. And a lot of uni's are flexible with what sciences you do as long as you pick maths.

Hmmm so do you say math is the most essential/best one to pick?
Original post by Ayooo
Hi guys,

So i just wanted to get an overall view on what two subjects are better. For my a levels i'm pretty set on doing english lit and music but for my other two subjects, i can't decide between biology and chemistry or physics and math.

I know math is a great subject to have at a level and uni's love it. I also really like physics as a subject along with chemistry but i'm quite scared to do it because i feel like i won't get the grade i want even if i work hard... Obviously i don't know but yeah i'm still not 100% sure what i want to pick.
I was thinking to go down a natural science route but im not sure.
Lemme know what ya'll think are the two best ones to do.
Thankssss! :smile:

Personally I'd say biology and maths or any science with maths, for me physics was extremely challenging and if you don't love it you'll end up hating it, whereas I took biology not feeling great about it but turns out I live it now! It's my most interesting subject, so yeah I'd definitely recommend maths as uni's find it great to have and it opens many doors, the science is personal preference but I'd say biology is interesting aswell
Reply 4
Original post by Mickeymouseisok
Personally I'd say biology and maths or any science with maths, for me physics was extremely challenging and if you don't love it you'll end up hating it, whereas I took biology not feeling great about it but turns out I live it now! It's my most interesting subject, so yeah I'd definitely recommend maths as uni's find it great to have and it opens many doors, the science is personal preference but I'd say biology is interesting aswell

Hmmm yeah i've heard math is really good to have. Is it really hard at a level? I mean of course all A levels are and i will be working very hard but in general, with enough practice is it okay as a subject?
Lots of people have scared me about math 😂
As above, if your going to take a science, especially physics definitely take maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ayooo
Hmmm yeah i've heard math is really good to have. Is it really hard at a level? I mean of course all A levels are and i will be working very hard but in general, with enough practice is it okay as a subject?
Lots of people have scared me about math 😂

It's hard but what A level isn't? If you put effort in at the beginning and make sure you understand everything before it's too late you'll bro me! I take maths and further maths so maths wasn't too difficult for me, just make sure you practice past papers because it is a really good subject to have

Quick Reply

Latest