Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Plz Give Me Advise About Going Into 6th Form watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzyaa911)
    and a lot of people from china come over
    lol! what has that got to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    lol! what has that got to do with anything?
    the boarding?

ReputationRep:
    the boarding?
    yes but you say it like its a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    Hey Izzy! when i was 11 i passed my 11 plus which got me in.......... you need VERY good grades if you're an external candidate at GCSE level but your grades should be fine, apply nice and early and get your current school to give them good references

boarding IS VERY expensive, and a lot of people from china come over
    also each year group has about 50 people........ and the teacher-student relationships are good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    yes but you say it like its a bad thing
    shhhh

ReputationRep:
    Hey Izzy! when i was 11 i passed my 11 plus which got me in.......... you need VERY good grades if you're an external candidate at GCSE level but your grades should be fine, apply nice and early and get your current school to give them good references

boarding IS VERY expensive, and a lot of people from china come over
    yer i no, i ve read on CRGS website about chinese ppl coming to study in CRGS. So how do u think should i apply there?applying for places for entry in september 2005 starts in october, that means that by this date I will be only in the beginning of year 11, when I wont have my gcse results yet. I m a bit confused how to apply, dunno where to get application form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    yer i no, i ve read on CRGS website about chinese ppl coming to study in CRGS. So how do u think should i apply there?applying for places for entry in september 2005 starts in october, that means that by this date I will be only in the beginning of year 11, when I wont have my gcse results yet. I m a bit confused how to apply, dunno where to get application form.
    lol sry forgot to write, the application round starts in october 2004 for entry in september 2005

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    ok well the people that are currently in year 10 and 11 are at a more advantageous position as they have 1) passed the entry test and 2) have been studying at the insitution for the past few years

get your application in early to show you're dedicated and really go for them GCSES ...... the competition is so stiff for external candidates - there is competition from people GLOBALLY and theoretically its one of the best sixth forms in the UK

ReputationRep:
    um write to the school to get the appl. form or go there for an open day

ReputationRep:
    um write to the school to get the appl. form or go there for an open day
    I wrote an e-mail, stating that I would like to apply for 6th form in CRGS. However the admission officer said that I should come on the open evening, which is in novermber 2004 and if the application round starts in october 2004 I miss one month of competition for a place.lol. I would prefer not to miss it, therefore I m a bit confused wat to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    I wrote an e-mail, stating that I would like to apply for 6th form in CRGS. However the admission officer said that I should come on the open evening, which is in novermber 2004 and if the application round starts in october 2004 I miss one month of competition for a place.lol. I would prefer not to miss it, therefore I m a bit confused wat to do.
    maybe you could email them and ask if you could get an app sent to you?

ReputationRep:
    maybe you could email them and ask if you could get an app sent to you?
    OK i will,lol. I fink I have annoyed the admission officer of ur skool,lol, as I have written so many e-mails, they didnt even send me a prospectus yet,lol.By the way which year r u in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    OK i will,lol. I fink I have annoyed the admission officer of ur skool,lol, as I have written so many e-mails, they didnt even send me a prospectus yet,lol.By the way which year r u in?
    LOL i'm year 13

ReputationRep:
    LOL i'm year 13
    Do u think that I will have some advantage, because I am studying in comprehensive school, where only few ppl get many A*s in GCSEs? Therefore admission officers can think that I am well motivated student.lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Do u think that I will have some advantage, because I am studying in comprehensive school, where only few ppl get many A*s in GCSEs? Therefore admission officers can think that I am well motivated student.lol
    compared to private schools? most definately.

ReputationRep:
    what is it you want to go into medicine?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna become a facial or neurological surgeon!didnt decide yet, but i know something definitely with surgery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    I wanna become a facial or neurological surgeon!didnt decide yet, but i know something definitely with surgery
    ok cool good luck with your ambition

ReputationRep:
    by th way i have just written a new letter to the admission officer of CRGS,stating i WANT AN APPLICATION FORM SENT TO MY HOUSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    I would hope that, like universities, they select the best candidates regardless of educational background - positive discrimination shouldn't be important.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.