The Student Room Group

Best AQA GCSE Geography Revision Guides?

Hello

I do Geography AQA GCSE (Human and Physical papers) and am struggling to find a detailed text book. I have the CGP one but it has all of the sections and little detail.

The sections I do are here: The Restless Earth, Costal Zones, Ice on the Land, Changing Urban Environments, Population and Tourism

Anyone know of any sites or guides that are useful for the sections above? Thanks!
Reply 1
damn the school year hasn't even started yet 😁
Reply 2
Original post by Joshua-P
Hello

I do Geography AQA GCSE (Human and Physical papers) and am struggling to find a detailed text book. I have the CGP one but it has all of the sections and little detail.

The sections I do are here: The Restless Earth, Costal Zones, Ice on the Land, Changing Urban Environments, Population and Tourism

Anyone know of any sites or guides that are useful for the sections above? Thanks!

To be honest I found the CGP books absolutely awesome and gave me about 70% of what I needed for the exam, the rest came from resources from class. My Geography department had the idea of having all of the case studies we needed on cards which act like a mini booklet which I used right up until the doors opened for my exams. I kept them in my blazer pocket and it's something you could look at while you were on the bus to school or something. The textbooks we used in class were also very good and the only one I can remember is the Oxbox GCSE Geography one which was pretty detailed and had really nice diagrams and case studies. Personally I thought the CGP books were just perfect as the information was a lot easier to understand and used that along side my exercise books in class to revise before the exams.
Out of all my exams I did in May/June this year, I found Geography went the best but I guess I'll have to wait and see on results day to obviously know for sure!

You can still get the best possible grades from the CGP book for sure, so don't worry about it. Just make sure you know most of it and learn the extra stuff from class. I did the same topics as you but I did water on land instead of ice on land. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Sam1875
To be honest I found the CGP books absolutely awesome and gave me about 70% of what I needed for the exam, the rest came from resources from class. My Geography department had the idea of having all of the case studies we needed on cards which act like a mini booklet which I used right up until the doors opened for my exams. I kept them in my blazer pocket and it's something you could look at while you were on the bus to school or something. The textbooks we used in class were also very good and the only one I can remember is the Oxbox GCSE Geography one which was pretty detailed and had really nice diagrams and case studies. Personally I thought the CGP books were just perfect as the information was a lot easier to understand and used that along side my exercise books in class to revise before the exams.

Out of all my exams I did in May/June this year, I found Geography went the best but I guess I'll have to wait and see on results day to obviously know for sure!

You can still get the best possible grades from the CGP book for sure, so don't worry about it. Just make sure you know most of it and learn the extra stuff from class. I did the same topics as you but I did water on land instead of ice on land. :smile:

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look in to it :smile:

Really? You don't think I already tried that. I want an opinion from students - people who've used them so I know if they're of any use. Thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest