The Student Room Group

How can I look good naked?

Catchy title but what I mean is how can I get really healthy looking, glossy, youthful skin that celebrities seem to have? I drink lots of water and moisturise loads but I still have too many imperfections, any tips on how to reduce them? I don't want to have to tan to get it; id rather have pale skin!

Scroll to see replies

Ask Gok Wan
Reply 2
Original post by tootles44
Catchy title but what I mean is how can I get really healthy looking, glossy, youthful skin that celebrities seem to have? I drink lots of water and moisturise loads but I still have too many imperfections, any tips on how to reduce them? I don't want to have to tan to get it; id rather have pale skin!

go gym, get some muscles or eat more
Reply 3
Original post by OGGUS
go gym, get some muscles or eat more

i do already, don't have too much muscle (yet) and probs don't eat enough but how will that help my skin?
Reply 4
Original post by Reeeeyah
Ask Gok Wan

gok wan is a fail
Reply 5
i do already, don't have too much muscle (yet) and probs don't eat enough but how will that help my skin?

Eat fish and put yougurt on your face and body
gok wan is a fail

But he had that programme about how to look good naked
Reply 7
Original post by Reeeeyah
But he had that programme about how to look good naked

yeh and he had women with excess wobbly bits waddle around on stage.. not a place where they belong..
Reply 8
Original post by OGGUS
Eat fish and put yougurt on your face and body

failed to follow instructions.. fed the fish the yoghurt :frown:
I wouldn't recommend aspiring to have celebrity skin as opposed to simply healthier skin; the make-up many celebrities probably use can drastically change the way they look, so don't use that as a standard.

I suppose for better skin, do the things like:
drink water
do exercise (better when sunny), wear at-shirt as opposed to shirt in summer, so expose more skin to sunlight, protect skin from burning though, if necessary
eat healthier foods, like fruits, vegs. etc.
cut down on junk (mainly oily) foods
colder showers, tighter skin? (well cold at very end)
better shampoos, not cheap harsh stuff (have to invest a bit mor,e but well worth it, if you're not already)
for nice hair and scalp as well, try using/try out coconut oil (actually very good, try out superdrug I think (not many places sell it))
remember that showers can be harsh on skin, harsher when hotter & longer, moisturise after showers also

To look even better naked, confidence would probably be a must; remember confidence is attractive. Have good posture, don't be nervous, shy etc. Trust me confidence affects everything.
Reply 10

lol
Reply 11

:rofl:

How to look good depends what you think is wrong to start with. What don't you like?
Reply 12

Eat less carbs? my mum does beauty therapy, mainly skincare and she's got 20 years experience I can tell you carbs are the enemy.. I mean the lightweight, empty and ussually delicious things like Chips, crisps, bread, biscuits, cake and anything with a lot of sugar.

If you have a lot of blackheads and blemishes then I recommend Dermalogica facial wash, it's a boutique brand that sheets on garnier and clean n' clear and all those brands that need advertising.

Certain foods that are good for your skin are ussually not very tasty like fish, eggs and nuts. You can probably find a list of these on Men's health... or women's health website.

But at the end of the day, your complexion and smoothness of the skin may come from genetics, some people were born to have bad skin and you just gotta accept it.
Reply 13
Original post by gijops
Eat less carbs? my mum does beauty therapy, mainly skincare and she's got 20 years experience I can tell you carbs are the enemy.. I mean the lightweight, empty and ussually delicious things like Chips, crisps, bread, biscuits, cake and anything with a lot of sugar.

If you have a lot of blackheads and blemishes then I recommend Dermalogica facial wash, it's a boutique brand that sheets on garnier and clean n' clear and all those brands that need advertising.

Certain foods that are good for your skin are ussually not very tasty like fish, eggs and nuts. You can probably find a list of these on Men's health... or women's health website.

But at the end of the day, your complexion and smoothness of the skin may come from genetics, some people were born to have bad skin and you just gotta accept it.

what sort of carbs would you recommend then? i like eggs/fish so thats not too big a deal :smile:
Reply 14
what sort of carbs would you recommend then? i like eggs/fish so thats not too big a deal :smile:

well the ideal carbs are the thick, tough ones like potatoes, whole grain anything: bread, rice, crackers.... buckwheat is far healthier than white rice and pasta. The type of carbs I'm talking about are called "complex carbohydrates" you should do some research online, they're called complex because on an atomic level, they're very big and when you digest them they break down into smaller carbs, then even smaller and then boom they're gone... each time they break down you get energy. whereas the other kind, known as simple carbs are already as small as a molecule can be so when you digest them they straight away turn into energy and your hungry again.
Original post by XcitingStuart
I wouldn't recommend aspiring to have celebrity skin as opposed to simply healthier skin; the make-up many celebrities probably use can drastically change the way they look, so don't use that as a standard.

I suppose for better skin, do the things like:
drink water
do exercise (better when sunny), wear at-shirt as opposed to shirt in summer, so expose more skin to sunlight, protect skin from burning though, if necessary
eat healthier foods, like fruits, vegs. etc.
cut down on junk (mainly oily) foods
colder showers, tighter skin? (well cold at very end)
better shampoos, not cheap harsh stuff (have to invest a bit mor,e but well worth it, if you're not already)
for nice hair and scalp as well, try using/try out coconut oil (actually very good, try out superdrug I think (not many places sell it))
remember that showers can be harsh on skin, harsher when hotter & longer, moisturise after showers also

To look even better naked, confidence would probably be a must; remember confidence is attractive. Have good posture, don't be nervous, shy etc. Trust me confidence affects everything.

To get tighter skin you need to reduce sodium in your diet, not cold showers.
Original post by Dilzo999

That's why I added a question mark :tongue: as that was just something I heard of. I should have added those were all just ideas.
Reply 17
Take a mud bath.
Original post by Dilzo999

cold showers or cold water in general usually closes up pores so it gives the appearance of tighter skin I think? I used to have pretty bad skin but now part of my face routine is using warm water to open the pore and then my face wash and warm water to rinse it off then using cold water again to close the pores a bit so that there's less build up of oils. I have combination skin and between drinking lots of water, eating healthier and using make up less my skin cleared up a lot from when I was 13 and having breakouts every day?

I have no idea if there's any science to it I just read an article on it years ago and it worked for me?
Reply 19
Here are a few tips:
-Go to the gym regularly
-Eat healthily and avoid too much sugar and carbs
-Wash your skin and make sure it is always clean
-Go in the sun a little to get a nice complexion, but not too much as it will damage your skin and make it horrible later on in life
-Wear flattering clothes or whatever suitable for your figure
-Exfoliate your skin often
-Have your skin massaged regularly, maybe go to spas?

Hope this has helped :smile: !

Quick Reply

Latest