Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Insurance through Extra? watch

Announcements

I know that in theory you are supposed to apply to one university at a time but according to UCAS, if they haven't responded within 15 working days you can apply to another institution. Would applying to another place effectively cancel your application to your first Extra choice or would it allow you to hold 2 offers (i.e. have an insurance in case you fail maths / other similarly disasterous event?) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I know that in theory you are supposed to apply to one university at a time but according to UCAS, if they haven't responded within 15 working days you can apply to another institution. Would applying to another place effectively cancel your application to your first Extra choice or would it allow you to hold 2 offers (i.e. have an insurance in case you fail maths / other similarly disasterous event?) :confused:
    Only allowed one offer Leekey!

Otherwise I would have sneakily applied to Imperial, got my offer, then take a gamble and apply to cambridge (who would incidentally tell me to piss off).

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    Only allowed one offer Leekey!

Otherwise I would have sneakily applied to Imperial, got my offer, then take a gamble and apply to cambridge (who would incidentally tell me to piss off).
    Ahh but had IC not replied within the allowed time (15 working days), then you would have been able to apply elsewhere. If both insitutions had then made you offers you may have been able to accept one as insurance (maybe?!? :confused: )!!!

ReputationRep:
    When I was applying through Extra I was asking Gimp a lot of questions because he was also applying- he said that making another choice will cancel your first one.

(Original post by young_free)
    When I was applying through Extra I was asking Gimp a lot of questions because he was also applying- he said that making another choice will cancel your first one.
    So that little brainwave is definitely a bad idea then!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    So that little brainwave is definitely a bad idea then!!! :eek:
    yup, damn them closing those loopholes...

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    yup, damn them closing those loopholes...
    Just when you think you are ahead of the game they smack you in the teeth and make you work for a maths grade... :rolleyes: !!!

ReputationRep:
    Just when you think you are ahead of the game they smack you in the teeth and make you work for a maths grade... :rolleyes: !!!
    Or for a physics grade...damned synoptic. I keep saying it and I will until the 19th of august.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.