The Student Room Group

Don't know whether to withdraw from UCAS before or after results!

Hi,
Do any of you know whether there would be any problem with withdrawing my UCAS application post-results? I have recently decided to take a gap year and re-apply, but I am not sure if I can/should wait until after results to do it, or will it be more difficult then? I kind of want to do it after results as I want to know if I got my places etc, but I don't know if it would annoy my unis if I did that, as I want to re-apply to one of them next year... Any thoughts?
I've emailed my school but they're not replying so I thought I'd ask here 🙈
Good luck to everyone on results!
xx
Original post by Mld120
Hi,
Do any of you know whether there would be any problem with withdrawing my UCAS application post-results? I have recently decided to take a gap year and re-apply, but I am not sure if I can/should wait until after results to do it, or will it be more difficult then? I kind of want to do it after results as I want to know if I got my places etc, but I don't know if it would annoy my unis if I did that, as I want to re-apply to one of them next year... Any thoughts?
I've emailed my school but they're not replying so I thought I'd ask here 🙈
Good luck to everyone on results!
xx

There won't be a problem. Give them a call. Although it'll be pretty busy today, it'll be a hell of a lot busier on Thursday, plus your free place can go to someone else. They won't remember who you are next year. However, you can ask them to defer your place until next year and that will take away all the worry of reapplying, if they will let you. (Most will.)
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
There won't be a problem. Give them a call. Although it'll be pretty busy today, it'll be a hell of a lot busier on Thursday, plus your free place can go to someone else. They won't remember who you are next year. However, you can ask them to defer your place until next year and that will take away all the worry of reapplying, if they will let you. (Most will.)

Thank you!! I will try and call them :smile: xx good luck if you're getting results!
Original post by Mld120
Thank you!! I will try and call them :smile: xx good luck if you're getting results!

That's sweet of you, but the only results I'm getting are those of the kids I teach, and it's not quite the same! Good luck.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending