The Student Room Group

I don't like being so observant and discerning…

Without attempts to ascertain matters, I become aware of things I shouldn't know. I feel like it's a violation to people's personal affairs unknowingly, they act a certain way or say certain things that just affix, and I realise what their issue is exactly. It would be nice to not take notice of these things. It's near by impossible for me not to take notice. Any advice, at all?

Scroll to see replies

You mean, you're like a real life Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock Holmes series and you don't like it?!
Reply 2
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You mean, you're like a real life Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock Holmes series and you don't like it?!

Only difference is, I'm not an actor.

(Pardon me, but I haven't watched the Sherlock series, and nor do I claim false perceptiveness.)
So can you analyze me?

Please :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by zyzzyspirit
So can you analyze me?

Please :colondollar:

Doubtful and quite ambivalent… You're unwilling to accept what's said to you at first-hand. :P One must provide substantial empirical evidence to validate their statements with you, Sir.
Original post by tacitae
Doubtful and quite ambivalent… You're unwilling to accept what's said to you at first-hand. :P One must provide substantial empirical evidence to validate their statements with you, Sir.

:eek:

Very nice. Did you make the analysis based off my comment here?

Anything else? :lol:
Reply 6
Very nice.

Any ordinary person could've made that analysis. :smile: Nothing intricate at all.

Did you make the analysis based off my comment here?

Yes.

Anything else? :lol:

If I spent a few minutes stalking you, I possibly would be able to add to the previous “analysis”, but as of now, I don't feel like it. I'm sorry.
Reply 7
Original post by tacitae
Without attempts to ascertain matters, I become aware of things I shouldn't know. I feel like it's a violation to people's personal affairs unknowingly, they act a certain way or say certain things that just affix, and I realise what their issue is exactly. It would be nice to not take notice of these things. It's near by impossible for me not to take notice. Any advice, at all?

What sort of analysis do you do?... Check if people are wearing the same socks as yesterday?! :zomg:
Original post by tacitae

If I spent a few minutes stalking you, I possibly would be able to add to the previous “analysis”, but as of now, I don't feel like it. I'm sorry.

Fair enough. If you ever feel bored then please do write up a paragraph :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by web-girl
What sort of analysis do you do?... Check if people are wearing the same socks as yesterday?! :zomg:

I'm sorry if I bothered you, or if you just felt that it was necessary to reply to this thread with derision and disbelief.

Socks are pretty rad though. :colone:
If you ever feel bored then please do write up a paragraph :smile:

If I don't forget. :biggrin:
Reply 12
Why not just ignore other people's issues unless they bring it up.

Theoretically you could be making the correct analysis every time but there's no guarantee of this; Let it go, have a few drinks and chill out.
Original post by tacitae
I'm sorry if I bothered you, or if you just felt that it was necessary to reply to this thread with derision and disbelief.

Socks are pretty rad though. :colone:

:rofl: ... especially patterned socks.

Edit: I have loads of socks and have an OCD because some observant person pointed out that I wore the same socks for 2 days.
(edited 8 years ago)
are you the person who made that anon thread where you told people what you thought of them?
Original post by TomMatt
Why not just ignore other people's issues unless they bring it up.

People feel that it is necessary to narrate their problems to me, so it's somewhat difficult to escape that. I do try, but I'm just a good listener, I guess. :s-smilie:

Original post by TomMatt
Theoretically you could be making the correct analysis every time but there's no guarantee of this; Let it go, have a few drinks and chill out.

Thank you for being the first to actually give me advice. (^u^) Much appreciated.
:rofl: ... especially patterned socks.

I like my socks plain. Black to be specific. :biggrin:

I have loads of socks and have an OCD because some observant person pointed out that I wore the same socks for 2 days.

I wouldn't call them observant. They're simply meddlesome.
Original post by + polarity -
are you the person who made that anon thread where you told people what you thought of them?

LOL, nope. I haven't even seen that thread. One must have quite a lot of time on their hands to go around doing so.
Reply 18
Original post by tacitae
People feel that it is necessary to narrate their problems to me, so it's somewhat difficult to escape that. I do try, but I'm just a good listener, I guess. :s-smilie:

Thank you for being the first to actually give me advice. (^u^) Much appreciated.

No problem, I have a friend like this who always gave me good advice in High school (I tended to ignore it them say "you were right") but I'm still friends with him after a decade or so, which tells you a lot about good listeners and analytical people :biggrin:
Original post by TomMatt
always gave me good advice in High school (I tended to ignore it them say "you were right")

The number of people who've tossed my advice and said the same… innumerable *sigh*. Hopefully, you've changed. :smile:

Original post by TomMatt
I'm still friends with him after a decade or so, which tells you a lot about good listeners and analytical people :biggrin:

With my advice, I've usually lost contact with some “friends” (or acquaintances) because they found that I was extremely free-spoken, but the few others rather liked the fact that I was genuine.

Thanks again.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest