The Student Room Group

"Guesstimated results"

I'm guessing you've all seen the many articles about how thousands of A Level grades are going to be incorrect due to them estimating them, apparently due to them having a lack of qualified markers and even worse - losing some papers. I'm absolutely fuming as this is people's futures in jeopardy, you'd think the people in charge of the exams would at least be professional enough to do it properly.

Anyway, I have read it's OCR where this has happened the worst, luckily I'm on AQA for all three but still it makes me worried.
How are you guys all feeling about all this? Which exam, boards are you on? Do you fear your results will be incorrect?
Original post by AvengersAvenging
I'm guessing you've all seen the many articles about how thousands of A Level grades are going to be incorrect due to them estimating them, apparently due to them having a lack of qualified markers and even worse - losing some papers. I'm absolutely fuming as this is people's futures in jeopardy, you'd think the people in charge of the exams would at least be professional enough to do it properly.

Anyway, I have read it's OCR where this has happened the worst, luckily I'm on AQA for all three but still it makes me worried.
How are you guys all feeling about all this? Which exam, boards are you on? Do you fear your results will be incorrect?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3492185

Nobody should be panicking about anything. This story is last year's news, not this, and as the newspaper says, Ofqual confirms that OCR solved its problems in time for results day. Tensions are running high, because it's results week, but there is no need for anyone to be getting worked up. 'Most A levels are going to be just fine' doesn't sell any newspapers.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3492185

Nobody should be panicking about anything. This story is last year's news, not this, and as the newspaper says, Ofqual confirms that OCR solved its problems in time for results day. Tensions are running high, because it's results week, but there is no need for anyone to be getting worked up. 'Most A levels are going to be just fine' doesn't sell any newspapers.

This has made me feel relieved, thank you, hypothetically what would happen if they lost one of your papers?
Original post by AvengersAvenging
This has made me feel relieved, thank you, hypothetically what would happen if they lost one of your papers?

It would be the same as if you were suddenly too ill to sit it. They would use your existing papers and coursework to arrive at a reasonable result. One of my students died before sitting his A2 paper, but after completing his coursework and they awarded him a posthumous grade on his AS marks and his A2 coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest