This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi
Im thinkin of droppin a subject either history of eng lit wot one do u think?
my other subjects r sociology and psychology and im probably gonna do psych at uni
thanxs
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You should think of contacting universities offering your course, and asking their admissions tutors which subject they'd prefer to see on a CV, and which would be more useful, that way your surer to do what they are looking for, and so have a greater chance of getting in for the subject you want.

Phil
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah it would help to do some research into what most universities prefer subject wise though i think psychology is a very broad subject in terms of courses and lots of uni's will want different subjects. However i think both english lit and history are good for psychology anyway so do what you prefer.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hi
Im thinkin of droppin a subject either history of eng lit wot one do u think?
my other subjects r sociology and psychology and im probably gonna do psych at uni
thanxs
Looking at that post, I think you should drop English Literature.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok...well this is the reply I posted to someone else on a different thread- same question but different subjects...
I would agree that asking tutors etc about which is a better qualification/aid for you chosen course...

anyway- this is what I said last time...

Originally posted by Egan1
Do you have to drop one? If you are unsure of which one why not just carry them on- if you were dropping one through dislike then you would know which...*am I making sense?*

Basically...
which one do you enjoy the most?
which one do you see youself doing for anothe year of two?
which do you think has the best future prospects- jobs etc?
which one are you better at?
of which is the work load easier?
which workds better with the other subjects you have taken?

etc etc

this may be highly unuseful advice but my post will bring it back up top and maybe some other people will reply...

Egan
emom100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hiya, I did both history and Eng lit at A2, English is probably the easiest to get a good grade in, but you have to have a good memory for learning all the set texts cos on my board (AQA) you couldn't take in any of the books. History would probably be more useful for physch though. Also bear in mind the cw's for both of them. History I spent months and months researching my long study and by the end of it I hated it, whereas Eng all I had to do was read 2 books and compare them and it was over in a couple of weeks.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
if you want to do psych then i'd drop sociology as it is generally not very well respected by admissions tutors in comparison to history and eng lit.

where are you thinking of applying? am off to nottingham (hopefully) in sept to do psych, cant wait!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (163)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (172)
16.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (102)
9.71%
Isolating with family (71)
6.76%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (39)
3.71%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (91)
8.66%
Loneliness (105)
9.99%
Financial worries (47)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (96)
9.13%
Exposure to negative news/social media (74)
7.04%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (91)
8.66%

Watched Threads