Is it appropriate to open up to your girlfriend about past relationships? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Me and my girlfriend have been official nearly two months now and lately we can usually talk to each other about anything.

I was really insecure at the beginning of our relationship but over time I've become stronger. She knows about these insecurities and has stuck by me so far because I think she is fine with anything as long as I'd stay honest and loyal towards her in which I plan to do.

But these days I am a little insecure still, and a lot of my past has been haunting me a lot lately causing me sleeping problems. She asked me earlier if I know what is haunting me, and I just told her she might as well know about it, but I'll explain it to her at some point later when I have time to talk to her about it.

But what is troubling me is some issues I've had with girls in the past that's just messing with my head a little bit, and I do want to get them out in the open about them and show her all the more that I am open and honest about things but also to just get a bit of feedback from her so just assure me that everything is fine between us..

Is it appropriate to explain things to her?
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Never divulge your weaknesses, even to an ally.

But as decent human beings communication is important in relationships, and if you feel comfortable telling her this and she doesn't mind, and you feel you'll benefit from it, go for it.
llys
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends entirely on what kind of person she is. I'd probably want to get to know her better, but on the other hand, if it is something that will affect her or your relationship with her, then you should tell her as soon as possible.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exercise caution. I told my girlfriend about the girl who'd been ****ing with my head, and it just made her worry I wasn't over her. I also told her my whole sexual history because she insisted when drunk, and she said she wished she hadn't heard it after.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)
Exercise caution. I told my girlfriend about the girl who'd been ****ing with my head, and it just made her worry I wasn't over her. I also told her my whole sexual history because she insisted when drunk, and she said she wished she hadn't heard it after.
That doesn't sound good then :/ Maybe I will refrain from telling her in case she does worry I'm not over them even though I am
PusE
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've done that before, and I got stung by it. Don't tell her, there's no point. She'll understand for a short while and then she'll hold it against you and dump you in the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When one is on their deathbed. I'm sure they'd appreciate to know more about you before they die.
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That doesn't sound good then :/ Maybe I will refrain from telling her in case she does worry I'm not over them even though I am
Yeah, it might be nice for you to get it off your chest, but just worry her. Having said thst, it was
wasn't a big problem, we got past it pretty quick. I think part of the problem was she didn't have much history herself, also general insecurity, depends on the girl. Some problems are better shared with mates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (23)
26.74%
No (49)
56.98%
Don't know (14)
16.28%

Watched Threads