Want more information about this university?
desirenpleasure
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi im thinking of to applying at Sheffield Uni 2016 for Dental Hygiene and Therapy but because one of the entry requirements is that you have to have one science
(preferably Biology) ??? Would they accept Applied Science or Health and Social Care??
The University of Sheffield
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by desirenpleasure)
Hi im thinking of to applying at Sheffield Uni 2016 for Dental Hygiene and Therapy but because one of the entry requirements is that you have to have one science
(preferably Biology) ??? Would they accept Applied Science or Health and Social Care??
Good morning

Thank you for your enquiry. I've forwarded your query to the course team and I'll get back to you as soon as I've heard from them.

Best regards

Elizabeth
UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer
The University of Sheffield
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by desirenpleasure)
Good morning

Our admissions team have provided the following advice about applied science A-levels and applying for Dental Hygiene and Therapy:

"We do consider Applied Science A levels as science A levels. We do also consider Health and Social Care, but only if you undertook certain modules. If you have a breakdown of what modules you took and send that to us via email, [email protected], we can provide you with further advice."

I hope that's useful.

Best regards

Elizabeth
UK/EU Student Recuitment Officer
Jophilip123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi everyone, I am thinking of applying for dental therapy&hygiene 2016 entry. I re-sat Year 12 (AS), i initially got acdu (psychology,biology,chemistry&ma ths) dropped maths and resat the year and got AABC (biology,business, A2 psychology and chemistry) Really disappointed in my chemistry grade as i was 4 ums of a B and a2 psychology was 2 ums of an A, remarked both the papers and it remained the same. I am now carrying on to study a2 bio,chem and business and i may retake a psychology paper to gain that one mark. Due to my C in chemistry i don't know whether i should retake the papers for the second time to get to an A. Would this affect my application due to the fact that this would be the 3rd time writing this paper? Or should i just carry on? I don't know whether i should still apply for dental t&h as it is very competetive due to the small number of places available. I have gained work experience in a Nursery, Dentist, Moorfield Eye Hospital, Moorfield A&E and Specsavers. Any advise on what i should do ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (29)
24.58%
Unhappy (35)
29.66%
Conflicted (54)
45.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed