The Student Room Group

Extended diploma - Health & Social Care

Hi, I study the level 3 extended diploma for health and social care and completed my first year a couple months back (D*) however... the universities which I'm hopefully applying to, even though accept the qualification ask for a certain amount of the units to be science based, upon more research I fount there where 3 variations to the standard "level 3 extended diploma in Health & Social Care" these being a "social care", "health studies" and "health sciences" these variations obviously having slight differences in the units available, I feel like I would have been better off doing the "health science" variation as it offers more science units, I would like to study radiography but need to know if I should be fine with the standard variation. It says on my college sire that the course I'm doing does lead into studying radiography, however I'm still not sure. Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mightyduck999
Hi, I study the level 3 extended diploma for health and social care and completed my first year a couple months back (D*) however... the universities which I'm hopefully applying to, even though accept the qualification ask for a certain amount of the units to be science based, upon more research I fount there where 3 variations to the standard "level 3 extended diploma in Health & Social Care" these being a "social care", "health studies" and "health sciences" these variations obviously having slight differences in the units available, I feel like I would have been better off doing the "health science" variation as it offers more science units, I would like to study radiography but need to know if I should be fine with the standard variation. It says on my college sire that the course I'm doing does lead into studying radiography, however I'm still not sure. Thanks
Posted from TSR Mobile

When you apply through UCAS they do ask, if you have them, to put in the modules you've done so the universities can have a look when they look at the application. However, to save you paying for an application and not getting accepted, it might be worth speaking to admissions and seeing if them modules will do.

Good luck (:

If I've helped, could you thumbs up please (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending