*Xena*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I want to do biomedical engineering at university because I do want to be a clinical engineer and would like to know which degree would be best to take?
Mickeymouseisok
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by *Xena*)
So I want to do biomedical engineering at university because I do want to be a clinical engineer and would like to know which degree would be best to take?
This is just in general I'm not sure specifically on your degree -
If you're certain that the degree you want to do is the career you want to follow then I'd suggest MEng, as a lot of companies hiring people for that role want the most qualified which having a masters will give you an advantage, consider BEng if you're not certain that's the exact career path you want to follow as your an always do your masters after completing the BEng
(I'm not an expert this is just my opinion on the topic)
*Xena*
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mickeymouseisok)
This is just in general I'm not sure specifically on your degree -
If you're certain that the degree you want to do is the career you want to follow then I'd suggest MEng, as a lot of companies hiring people for that role want the most qualified which having a masters will give you an advantage, consider BEng if you're not certain that's the exact career path you want to follow as your an always do your masters after completing the BEng
(I'm not an expert this is just my opinion on the topic)
Okay thank you! I'll pick the MEng then as I want to be completely qualified, especially because I'm female.
Mickeymouseisok
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Okay thank you! I'll pick the MEng then as I want to be completely qualified, especially because I'm female.
I plan on taking MEng in aerospace engineering even though it can be quitea male orientated field
Good luck!
*Xena*
Rep:
?
I plan on taking MEng in aerospace engineering even though it can be quitea male orientated field
Good luck!
That's very impressive! Are you hoping to become a pilot or an engineer then?
Mickeymouseisok
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's very impressive! Are you hoping to become a pilot or an engineer then?
I want to be an aircraft engineer or something similar as long as I do well next year for A2 though
*Xena*
Rep:
?
I want to be an aircraft engineer or something similar as long as I do well next year for A2 though
Yeah same, OCR physics was absoloutely awful this year
Mickeymouseisok
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did AQA and I just can't even think about how bad it went
*Xena*
Rep:
?
I did AQA and I just can't even think about how bad it went
20 minutes ago I prayed for good AS results, I'll pray for you too in the morning
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think with most if not all engineering degrees, unless you actually want a career in it (my friend had enough after 1st year and just did a BEng and switched to a different masters) do an MEng...it'll help a ton in the future when you're hunting for a job and you'll probs get a nicer starting job too!
victoria98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry to butt into your conversation, but I did OCR physics this year too. I hated it so much. Did you do OCR A?
Mickeymouseisok
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
20 minutes ago I prayed for good AS results, I'll pray for you too in the morning
Thank you!
Good luck with your results!
*Xena*
Rep:
?
(Original post by victoria98)
Sorry to butt into your conversation, but I did OCR physics this year too. I hated it so much. Did you do OCR A?
Yes and thank goodness! I was just speaking to a guy in the official results day thread and he said the first exam went really really well for him... second not so much. But even then, he actually found G481 easy
victoria98
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes and thank goodness! I was just speaking to a guy in the official results day thread and he said the first exam went really really well for him... second not so much. But even then, he actually found G481 easy
I found both of them awful I was so prepared and then OCR completely changed the style of questions.... THAT MOTOR QUESTION WILL HAUNT ME FOR LIFE. What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? I remember flipping to the last question on G482 (because I generally suck at electricity) and feeling like I wanted to jump out of the window in the middle of the exam.
*Xena*
Rep:
?
(Original post by victoria98)
I found both of them awful I was so prepared and then OCR completely changed the style of questions.... THAT MOTOR QUESTION WILL HAUNT ME FOR LIFE. What do you think the grade boundaries will be like? I remember flipping to the last question on G482 (because I generally suck at electricity) and feeling like I wanted to jump out of the window in the middle of the exam.
SAME! And when did that bloody ball bounce?! Last year G482 was 59% for an A so I can't imagine what this year's boundaries will be
Angryification
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doesn't matter right now. Most unis will only give you the choice to do MEng if you get a certain percentage in your work in first or first two years. Even if you apply for MEng and get in, it doesn't matter because you are still on equal footing to BEng students on your course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads