The Student Room Group

Opinion on Using Steroids / Performance Enhancers?

I've asked about for research basis mainly. I'm not personally on anything nor plan to be any time soon. But be nice to get a diverse opinion

On top your your already hard workouts -

Would you consider it, if you could control the side effects?
E.g. Good mass cycle, good post cycle.

Or if you're shredding/cutting, taking something that will near guarantee results?

Scroll to see replies

"Asking for a friend " Ye ?

I'm im favor of
Just so everyone is clear any talk of steroids on here is not condoning the use of them or advocating them. Any explicit drug mentions will be removed

Would I consider them, if I wasn't in the profession I was in and not made of glass? More than likely not. However as I'm in the profession I'm in and I'm made of glass - just no. Another problem for me is that I'd never feel like I'd know enough about using them in addition many people don't realise is that once you're on, you have to be prepared to be on for life as returning to normal function PCT, isn't guarenteed.

However if you're young, I really don't see much point unless you compete (however if you do it recreationally - then fair enough, I really don't care. In professional sports - then it's a given to be on it. Everyone at that level is on it - hence a level playing field, hence I really don't care. Morally it's not great in tested competition but since when did morals matter when there's millions at stake?
Original post by ChrisHarris1
"Asking for a friend " Ye ?

I'm im favor of

Would you ever recommend someone do it or not do it?
Original post by redbuthotter
Would you ever recommend someone do it or not do it?

I advise

Up to them

Some people for their goals - it's not beneficial
I advise

Up to them

Some people for their goals - it's not beneficial

In what situation is it not beneficial? Not getting popped during a drug test? hahahahha
In what situation is it not beneficial? Not getting popped during a drug test? hahahahha

If your goal is to look like Christian Bale in the Machinist, then steroids are not beneficial.

In the case your diet and training aren't condusive to maximizing gains

You need a certain base level
Reply 8
No I wouldn't. I have no problem with people making an informed choice however the extent to which the average PIEDs user is making an informed choice is debatable. You literally get people coming into the needle exchange who was using PIEDs, not lifting, not eating more and was very confused about why he isn't getting bigger. There's some serious stupid going on and to that ends I have a problem with everything that's a barrier to people being able to talk openly about them.

I wouldn't because I'm on testosterone for medical reasons (as in I'd have no issues getting a therapeutic use exemption) so all sorts of complicated would go on with having my blood tests going on and continued prescribing if my doctor found out. Also I already know that I find self injecting really unpleasant and stressful and the ache from some forms of testosterone is pretty full on so more often doesn't sound fun.

If it weren't for that I still wouldn't. Maybe I'm a control freak, but most of what you can get you can't be sure of the dose you are getting or what exactly is in it or how sterile the lab was. It's the same reason I wouldn't buy pills off some guy in a club, he may well think he is being totally honest but he didn't make them. The whole idea makes me uncomfortable.

Even if I had a supply of stuff made by real, proper labs, I just don't see the point on risk vs reward. The media does get overexcited about the risks and proper blood testing is available but the risks are still real. A big part of why I train is because I care about my health so there's nothing I want to achieve that outweighs the risk
I have no interest in them and almost can't envisage a person I would recommend them to with very few exceptions.

I think the most compelling argument for recreational users is when that Zyzz guy basically just admitted they were a shortcut because he wanted to enjoy having a great body in his early 20s when he had no responsibilities rather than work for a few years and get to where he wanted at, say, 25, when he would be more worried about paying bills than going shirtless at festivals. Obviously it didn't work out for him but whatever. I still wouldn't recommend this though, because if you break out in bacne or MPB then you probably would have been more attractive if you just did WS4SB for a few months or whatever.

I've always thought that maybe when I'm old I'll take them.
Didn't bishamon get hospitalised back in the day over some juice misuse issue?

I've known a lot of people use them over the years, but the only people who I've seen who were able to actually maintain the results to a worthwhile standard, have been the ones who kept doing cycles regularly forever after. I can't be dealing with that so I've never really considered it.
I can see myself using it at some point but I'm still quite a way off that yet. Know a few people who do it and it really works for them so I'll give it a go when I'm in a position to benefit from it.
Original post by SmashConcept
I have no interest in them and almost can't envisage a person I would recommend them to with very few exceptions.

I think the most compelling argument for recreational users is when that Zyzz guy basically just admitted they were a shortcut because he wanted to enjoy having a great body in his early 20s when he had no responsibilities rather than work for a few years and get to where he wanted at, say, 25, when he would be more worried about paying bills than going shirtless at festivals. Obviously it didn't work out for him but whatever. I still wouldn't recommend this though, because if you break out in bacne or MPB then you probably would have been more attractive if you just did WS4SB for a few months or whatever.

I've always thought that maybe when I'm old I'll take them.

You look 40.
You look 40.

lol and imagine my hair if I took gear.
Original post by SmashConcept
lol and imagine my hair if I took gear.

It'd go nicely with a fresh swastika tattoo over your chest.
Not against them at all, they're part of the industry but what I dislike is fake natties giving false hope to clueless 16 year olds.

Do I plan on using them? Possibly, but not within the next few years.
he didn't inject right

i was source, used same batch myself

lmao you're not shy about it at all.
also TSR mods, the overzealous ones

steroids are legal to use

therefore it's a public service to say such and such is good practice

rather than rely on the guy at the gym or some such
If you're looking to compete, or are at the stage where you've hit a serious plateau, likely to be around the age of 25 for most, then by all means take them if you wish. However do your research, and consult your GP.
Now its obvious your GP will advise you not to take them, but if you're going to do it anyway its worth knowing the risks. And it'll also be easier aranging blood tests, post cycle, to make sure everything okay.

Now as you're 21 (Just assuming from the 93) then theres not really any point unless you're looking to compete, if its just for general aesthetics you're best building lean mass, for about 5 months, then start your cut in march for 12 weeks in preparation for summer.

Also, steroids don't replace hard work and a strict diet. They just provide you're body with the necessary hormones, which will let you build a bit more mass compared to the conventional natty route.
Reply 19
also TSR mods, the overzealous ones

steroids are legal to use

therefore it's a public service to say such and such is good practice

rather than rely on the guy at the gym or some such

Supply is illegal though. Assuming there's not another sense in which you were the source, you sound less sensible in the context of just admitting to doing something illegal on TSR

Quick Reply

Latest