iLastKinq
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How would I prepare for Adjustment?
I know I'm gonna get grades much higher than my firm and I have decided I want to go to a different university.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...u-need-to-know
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iLastKinq)
How would I prepare for Adjustment?
I know I'm gonna get grades much higher than my firm and I have decided I want to go to a different university.
Have a look for universities offering accommodation for clearing/adjustment students on their website.

If you're switching last minute you don't want to spend the next month scrabbling around trying to arrange private accommodation.
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As well as accommodation I would say do your research into any unis you are considering before calling. Once you have an offer from a uni, they are the ones who add it to track. Unlike clearing, you can't get multiple offers then chose. You also can't chose to go to your firm after getting an adjustment offer.

Phone your unis in order of preference and be sure that you definitely want to go to the uni before phoning.

The point about accommodation is also really important. It's a good idea to ask about this before committing to a choice.
Nina77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, can someone please answer this for today....
Can I ask universities about adjustment before I get my results just to ask if their course is available on adjustment?
Also, am I allowed to apply for a course that is different to my personal statement and my firm offer because my firm offer is biomedical sciences, but I want to apply for pharmacy through adjustment.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nina77)
Hi, can someone please answer this for today....
Can I ask universities about adjustment before I get my results just to ask if their course is available on adjustment?
Also, am I allowed to apply for a course that is different to my personal statement and my firm offer because my firm offer is biomedical sciences, but I want to apply for pharmacy through adjustment.
You can ask - they'll tell you to bog off until you have your results and are eligible.

Yes you can apply for a different course but you should make sure you're prepared to provide a PS for the new subject should they ask for it and feel confident that you'll be able to talk about your interest and enthusiasm for the new subject over the phone.
Nina77
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
You can ask - they'll tell you to bog off until you have your results and are eligible.

Yes you can apply for a different course but you should make sure you're prepared to provide a PS for the new subject should they ask for it and feel confident that you'll be able to talk about your interest and enthusiasm for the new subject over the phone.
Okay, thank you
iLastKinq
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
As well as accommodation I would say do your research into any unis you are considering before calling. Once you have an offer from a uni, they are the ones who add it to track. Unlike clearing, you can't get multiple offers then chose. You also can't chose to go to your firm after getting an adjustment offer.

Phone your unis in order of preference and be sure that you definitely want to go to the uni before phoning.

The point about accommodation is also really important. It's a good idea to ask about this before committing to a choice.

(Original post by PQ)
Have a look for universities offering accommodation for clearing/adjustment students on their website.

If you're switching last minute you don't want to spend the next month scrabbling around trying to arrange private accommodation.
Can I call multiple uni's at once during adjustment? I want to try Kings first but then it states they'll take a day to reply after looking at my personal statement etc and I don't want to waste time
emmajames3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iLastKinq)
Can I call multiple uni's at once during adjustment? I want to try Kings first but then it states they'll take a day to reply after looking at my personal statement etc and I don't want to waste time
Hi, you can call multiple universities through clearing and adjustment, however just be sure that you don't accept any offers verbally unless you are 100% sure, especially if you are waiting on an offer from Kings. It also depends on each case on how long they'll take to respond to you with an offer, it won't necessarily take as long as a day.

If you want any more help I'm going to be on both Twitter and Facebook answering any questions about clearing until 4pm today and 8am - 2pm tomorrow, just search for #staffsclearing.

Hope this helps!!
iLastKinq
Rep:
?
(Original post by emmajames3)
Hi, you can call multiple universities through clearing and adjustment, however just be sure that you don't accept any offers verbally unless you are 100% sure, especially if you are waiting on an offer from Kings. It also depends on each case on how long they'll take to respond to you with an offer, it won't necessarily take as long as a day.

If you want any more help I'm going to be on both Twitter and Facebook answering any questions about clearing until 4pm today and 8am - 2pm tomorrow, just search for #staffsclearing.

Hope this helps!!
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (38)
31.93%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.92%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.2%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.68%

Watched Threads