The Student Room Group

Music Clearing

My friend who does not have an account wants to know how does she sign up for the clearing service if she want to do music.
Hi there,

UCAS have a clearing guide which may help your friend, does she know what kind of music course she would like to do?

We have a couple of music related courses in clearing which may be of interest which you can see here: Music and Media Management (BA Hons) and Popular Music (BA Hons).

Let us know if you have any other questions! :smile:

The University of Gloucestershire
Original post by Munrot07
My friend who does not have an account wants to know how does she sign up for the clearing service if she want to do music.

Music is the same as any other subject - the only difference is to make sure she has her music grades as well as her A level/GCSE grades to hand and if she is interested in a performance focused degree then making sure she is free and has transport to attend auditions in the days following results.

Ideally to have the most options she should complete a UCAS application in full. It's possible to be accepted directly through Clearing (using a form called an RPA) but this only allows you to commit to a single option - if you change your mind you are stuck until next year).
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Music is the same as any other subject - the only difference is to make sure she has her music grades as well as her A level/GCSE grades to hand and if she is interested in a performance focused degree then making sure she is free and has transport to attend auditions in the days following results.

Ideally to have the most options she should complete a UCAS application in full. It's possible to be accepted directly through Clearing (using a form called an RPA) but this only allows you to commit to a single option - if you change your mind you are stuck until next year).

She got me to ask because she can't find a music section on the clearing bit on the student room :smile: She was wondering where that is :P

On here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16035-dont-miss-out-on-a-place-at-university
(edited 8 years ago)
She got me to ask because she can't find a music section on the clearing bit on the student room :smile: She was wondering where that is :P

On here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16035-dont-miss-out-on-a-place-at-university

Hey There!

We'll likely have spaces available through clearing as will most Universities. :smile:

Tell your friend that we have a live Q&A at 4:30 for anybody who has questions.

Here's the link: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/linkup/

Ben - Lincoln Media Graduate - Online Media Developer

Hi Munrot07,

Kingston University have a great music department! I've added a link here with details of out avaliable courses and our staff. One of our lecturers has just returned from a David Bowie conference which was really interesting!

If your friend has any other questions then please let me know.

Best,

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending