Girls only - Your Opinion on starting a relationship this way Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I DO NOT WANT to debate the validity of this Islamic practice i just want to see what Muslim/non-Muslim girls thoughts would be on this.

In some schools of Islam, a man can go out with a woman if they feel really attracted to them and dont want to fall into the sin of premarital sex as some of you would know is banned in Islam.

There is a practice called 'Mut'ah' where its basically temporary marriage but it almost like dating.

The rules are as follows:

The man and woman agree to how long they want this to last, they can renew the time period once its finished if they still want to be together.

The man must give a gift to the woman if she accepts and it can be anything she wants even 1p as long as they agree on it.

They can have sex and enjoy each other for that period and again renew the 'contract' between each other.

The girl has to be of the following: Jewish/Christian/Muslim (basically believe in God for it to be accepted).

All that happens is that the man would say ' I marry myself to you for the specified time and the specified gift we have agreed on'
and the woman just needs to say 'i agree'

Then that's it the guy can see the girl freely just like they were dating

Now if a guy and girl liked each other and the male said they must follow this procedure for them to be together, would the girl accept and not mind the process they have to do? Or would you find it weird and not accept?
EllainKahlo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would 100% not be interested because making times and talking about the relationship that way doesn't seem organic to me, it seems artificial and just weird. I wouldn't be up for it.
courtneyrxxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would be a bit weirded out- the whole gift giving part makes it seem as though the boy is buying the girl for a specified amount of time? this could have other connotations
SophieeH2
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Agree- the relationship would feel too synthetic, too 'business.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
sophicoco
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same man. Setting a time frame makes you feel like a side dish.
Demilb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've heard of this before and honestly I think it's a bit strange, not really my cup of tea. My reasoning behind this is that people, especially those that are religious, normally want to marry for life so I think putting a time limit on it is quite sad. That's just my opinion, someone else may see it as a great solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1229433
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't even bother.

Posted from TSR Mobile
catzilla
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If its for your religion, then I would respect that and wouldn't mind. ... Knowing me, Id probably buy myself a wedding dress!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads