The Student Room Group

A level economics- homework help- starting A levels

In the UK, most children are educated in schools run by the state and most patients are treated by a healthcare system run by the state (NHS). They are paid for through taxation, so we all contribute to the cost.
Do you think there is any merit in the idea of providing education and healthcare through private companies that are motivated by profit making or should we continue to provide these services as we currently do?

I believe that we should continue to provide these services as we currently do, at least until the NHS has been improved, so that we have a more beneficial health care system for all which is fairer for society.

(does the beginning of my answer make any sense and am I on the right track)
Original post by 0daisy0
In the UK, most children are educated in schools run by the state and most patients are treated by a healthcare system run by the state (NHS). They are paid for through taxation, so we all contribute to the cost.
Do you think there is any merit in the idea of providing education and healthcare through private companies that are motivated by profit making or should we continue to provide these services as we currently do?

I believe that we should continue to provide these services as we currently do, at least until the NHS has been improved, so that we have a more beneficial health care system for all which is fairer for society.

(does the beginning of my answer make any sense and am I on the right track)

In economics, you need to be specific. What do you mean by "at least until the NHS has improved"?

The question is essentially public sector vs private sector, which you'll learn about in time.

I'd talk about the economic pros of the public sector and then the economic cons. Then, I'd do the same for the private sector and conclude whether there's merit or not. Include examples from reality if you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Exceptional
In economics, you need to be specific. What do you mean by "at least until the NHS has improved"?

The question is essentially public sector vs private sector, which you'll learn about in time.

I'd talk about the economic pros of the public sector and then the economic cons. Then, I'd do the same for the private sector and conclude whether there's merit or not. Include examples from reality if you can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you, I will do some research into your suggestion

Quick Reply

Latest