Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Screw Loose Ltd SWOT Analysis (Business Studies) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi would anyone be kind enough to send me the SWOT analysis of Screw Loose Ltd if you have it, its the only lesson that I missed @ college and now I'm worried it'll come up on Tuesdays exam. Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    I've got a PDF of SWAT on SL, but i'll need your email to send it to you. Send it in a private message.

ReputationRep:
    This is from a friend who went on a Business Conference and typed up his notes in an email:

Strengths:

1.Good economies of scale (refer to the third paragraph of section C where it says ' Even

the exchange rate was in screwloose ltd's favour, as it was so strong that products

manufactured overseas could be imported cheaply' and appendix C.)

2.Fast moving advantage (e.g. the growth of the business)

3.Market Leader

Weaknesses:

1.Restucturing staff (paragraphs 4 and 5 of section B) (paragraphs 2 and 5 of section F) (appendix B)

2. Small profit margin 23%

3. Some units of space under utilisation capacity. (Section C)

Opportunities:

1. Strength of forces in the housing market. (General knowledge you are meant to know and Appendix C)

2. Encouraging opportunities in Ireland. (Section E, paragraph 2)

3. Selling space. (Section C)

Threats:

1. Growing competition from other companies (which take the company over, section H)

2. Economic uncertainties (refer to appendix C)

3. Housing bubble to burst. (Refer to appendix C)

This is all taken from the business studies conference I went to.

The other things that were told to us were:

1. Learn the elasticity formula. They basically told us it was on the paper.

2. Definitions.

3. Stakeholders (what they want) (in case study 1/3 are DIY enthusiasts and 2/3 are sub contractors e.g. electricians)

4. Interest and exchange rates, inflation.

5. Profit and cash flow will be there.

6. Motivation

They basically said that these topics would be on the paper

ReputationRep:
    23% profit margin was for 2003 right ?

ReputationRep:
    hey thats brilliant help, i just hope your friend isnt giving us dummy info to lead everyone of track nad help his grade in the boundaries that would be evil

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.