The Student Room Group

Retake yr no funding help

Ok so i have failed my 2nd yr and so am retaking its a 3 yr course i have apied for student finance and for some reason it says £0.00 tuition fees why am i not getting funding im sure your allowed a retake? I have phoned they say its a mistake but it still hasnt been fixed any advice?
Also money paid to me has decreased by 1.5k even though circumstances have not changed i have asked and guy on phone said they have taken everything into consideration but i still dont understand why has this been done im still in my 2nd yr?
Any advice will be appreciated thanks
Original post by Hamzah1235
Ok so i have failed my 2nd yr and so am retaking its a 3 yr course i have apied for student finance and for some reason it says £0.00 tuition fees why am i not getting funding im sure your allowed a retake? I have phoned they say its a mistake but it still hasnt been fixed any advice?
Also money paid to me has decreased by 1.5k even though circumstances have not changed i have asked and guy on phone said they have taken everything into consideration but i still dont understand why has this been done im still in my 2nd yr?
Any advice will be appreciated thanks

What is the exact amount being paid to you?
Specifically, if your loan is £2,324 (or £3,263), this is the reduced rate maintenance loan, which would indicate that you have incorrectly stated on your application that you are eligible for an NHS bursary. In this case this would be the reason you have not been awarded any fees, and not because of the repeat year.
Reply 3
Thanks for the rrply as im libing away from home i have been getting round £7,000 this time im getting round £5,500 im doing biomedical science bsc i did not state im entitled to nhs bursary i had completed the application correctly, but i have noticed they always mess up my application each yr and i have to keep chasing up any more help would be great.
Should i phone again could u tell me what to say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending