The Student Room Group

Picking a-levels

So i had pretty much made up my mind on what alevels i want to do (business studies, ict and religion) but now im starting to worry a little bit, business and ict are both corsework subjects and im not sure il be able to keep up. Anyone have any advice or thoughts?
Reply 1
If you're unsure on Business or IT, you could consider Economics and/or Computing? It does depend on what you enjoy though - I can't say about the differences between Business and Economics as I didn't take either of them, but I know that Computing has much more focus on programming and how computers work, whereas IT focuses more on using computer suites (such as Excel) to an expert level. Computing still involves a lot of work however in the form of a large coursework project as part of the A2.

Ultimately you should look at what is on the curriculum of each subject and choose what you enjoy doing the most. Don't worry too much about the workload as if you enjoy it you'll do it, plus other subjects may require more work in terms of revising as you may find them more difficult - and if you don't enjoy the subject, you probably won't be motivated to revise.

Quick Reply

Latest