The Student Room Group

Possible to un-certify AS level?

Hey, I sat both normal and further variants of maths at AS, but only carried maths on to A2. My university offer requires me getting an A in maths but makes no mention of my further maths AS at all. Because of this, I would rather have an A in maths and no further maths AS level at all instead of a B in maths and a B in AS.

My best bet of getting an A in maths involves M1 and D1 being part of my certification, which would make a further maths AS level impossible, since S1 and D2 are not a valid combination.

So if upon receiving my results tomorrow I don't meet my university offer, but I can still make an A grade if I drop further maths, how would I do it? Is it even possible?
Original post by SomeGuy96
Hey, I sat both normal and further variants of maths at AS, but only carried maths on to A2. My university offer requires me getting an A in maths but makes no mention of my further maths AS at all. Because of this, I would rather have an A in maths and no further maths AS level at all instead of a B in maths and a B in AS.

My best bet of getting an A in maths involves M1 and D1 being part of my certification, which would make a further maths AS level impossible, since S1 and D2 are not a valid combination.

So if upon receiving my results tomorrow I don't meet my university offer, but I can still make an A grade if I drop further maths, how would I do it? Is it even possible?

Talk to your school/college tomorrow and maybe your maths teacher as they'll know exactly how to go about it, sorry I can't be of more help
Original post by SomeGuy96

No you cant "uncertify" your results if you have cashed in
Switching units to get you the best possible maths grade will be done automatically if you exam entries and cash-in were done correctly.
S1 and D2 are an acceptable Further Maths combination.

Quick Reply

Latest