The Student Room Group

Diagnosed with Morton neuroma pain very bad

Scroll to see replies

Ok I'll ring them up. He shouldn't of given me acpunture then?
Whether he should or shouldn't have is up for debate. There's anecdotal evidence it helps but very little published data.

The more pertinent question - now that you've been in the worst pain you've had for over a week since the "treatment" - is whether he's performed whatever it was incorrectly and made the situation worse.

After you ring the GP it's probably worth giving his clinic a call. Get them to explain themselves (don't accept this rubbish that it's normal, it isn't and at the very least it doesn't sound like you were warned sufficiently about this. Mention you've had to take time off work) and if it isn't satisfactory see what you can do about getting a refund (I don't know how non-satisfaction works for private health care though, you'll have to read around it) and ask about a formal complaint avenue.

Either a complaint to the practice itself, which I don't think will be taken very seriously, or a complaint to the association of acupuncture/podiatrists.

The fact you've had to miss work must be very dissapointing, had you not been dependent on your parents it would have been very problematic as well (consenting to a procedure, without being warned it could get so painful you'll need to skip work is terrible) I'd also enquire as to what level of training and experience the practitioner had with acupuncture; there's no mention of it on his staff profile.

To be honest, I would completely understand if you were furious. Nobody should have to be put through this much pain and have to avoid work directly after paying somebody who was supposed to make it better. Very fustrating indeed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
So quick update it's much better than what it was but still hurts pain gone from 9 to 5.5 still taking painkillers though
I wear especially built for comfort and good support shoes for my feet and at reasonable price. orthofeet had the special type of shoes, My requests by e/mail were all addressed and shipping no problem. I would recommend the Orthofeet for those that may have special needs for good shoes along with good brands of footwear priced to meet your budget.

Quick Reply

Latest