The Student Room Group

Mechanical and/or Automotive engineering without physics

Hello,
I am about to start y13 and am thinking of taking bio, chem, maths, further maths to A2. However I really have reverted to my younger self and would love to do either mechanical or automotive engineering. I realise that Birmingham and perhaps Ulster do not require A2 physics, but do you know of any other universities for which this is the case?
Many thanks and kind regards!
NB: [I will have done M1 & M2 by the end of next year]
Reply 1
Original post by CheeseFiend
Hello,
I am about to start y13 and am thinking of taking bio, chem, maths, further maths to A2. However I really have reverted to my younger self and would love to do either mechanical or automotive engineering. I realise that Birmingham and perhaps Ulster do not require A2 physics, but do you know of any other universities for which this is the case?
Many thanks and kind regards!
NB: [I will have done M1 & M2 by the end of next year]

I'm in the same situation (though, I'm struggling in choosing between Maths or Engineering). There are universities which does not require A-level physics. Most are general/integrated engineering, but all you have to do is choose the mechanical/automotive modules during the 2nd and 3rd years:

Essex
Sussex
Durham
Exeter (integrated engineering)
Lancaster
Cardiff (intergrated engineering)
Aberdeen (integrated engineering)
Liverpool (integrated engineering)
Leicester (integrated engineering)
Plymouth
City (though they prefer it, but since you do Further Maths it probably would be okay)

There are definitely more un
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending