The Student Room Group

UCAS Clearing Vacancies & TRACK Now Live!

Hi all!The time is now 6pm and UCAS has updated with clearing vacancies.You can find the list here: [url=http://search.ucas.com]searh.ucas.com
- Remember to check the Clearing 2015 box first!!!

Please remember that you cannot contact a university until you have your results (either having got them via email, online portal or collected them in person).

Do your research now and be prepared for tomorrow!

Helpful things on TSR for you:Remember that track will open at 8AM TOMORROW (not midnight, not 6am, not 7am - 8AM!!)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is it good or bad that the course I've firmed is available in the clearing search?
Original post by MWilko
is it good or bad that the course I've firmed is available in the clearing search?

it can mean low applicants, more places available or people didn't achieve their grades, it may not mean anything for you because they may still take you on depending on their guidelines :smile:
Reply 3
I have a question, I applied for Pharmacy at UCL as my firm and Herts as my insurance. I have a strong feeling I will get rejected by my firm and I just saw that Kings College may have pharmacy in clearing 2015. Can I call Kings and ask if they will accept me and if they do I can call Herts to reject me and if they say no I can keep Herts? Is that even possible?
Original post by hn123
I have a question, I applied for Pharmacy at UCL as my firm and Herts as my insurance. I have a strong feeling I will get rejected by my firm and I just saw that Kings College may have pharmacy in clearing 2015. Can I call Kings and ask if they will accept me and if they do I can call Herts to reject me and if they say no I can keep Herts? Is that even possible?

I replied to your query in the other thread :smile:

Original post by MWilko

To put it quickly, it's neither good or bad. Wait till tomorrow morning to see if you've been accepted, there's no point speculating at this stage. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Ecosse_14
I replied to your query in the other thread :smile:

To put it quickly, it's neither good or bad. Wait till tomorrow morning to see if you've been accepted, there's no point speculating at this stage. Good luck!

Thanks i really appreciate it!
Reply 6
I'm trying to prepare for clearing tomorrow however a lot of Unis have not published grades for the courses set to be available for clearing. Does this mean they are not different to the standard entry requirements or does it mean we just have to call tomorrow and find out what they will accept? Thanks guys.
Can you apply to courses from 8am?

I've been talking to a uni (i already have grades because I finished last year) and they said "Refer to us at 5pm tomorrow" so I'm a little confused.

Thanks
Original post by darrantdpsexton
Can you apply to courses from 8am?

I've been talking to a uni (i already have grades because I finished last year) and they said "Refer to us at 5pm tomorrow" so I'm a little confused.

Thanks

Whilst Track goes live at 8am tomorrow, it will only have limited functionality. You won't be able to add a Clearing choice until 5pm. :yep:
Original post by Ecosse_14
Whilst Track goes live at 8am tomorrow, it will only have limited functionality. You won't be able to add a Clearing choice until 5pm. :yep:

Fantastic, Thank you!
Reply 10
Hi, quick question!

Can a university course that ISN'T currently in clearing appear in clearing later on?
Question, lets say a standard offer for XXX university was AAA. and I achieved ABB.
Would I be wasting time to contacting it for clearing?
Original post by IAmYourdog
Question, lets say a standard offer for XXX university was AAA. and I achieved ABB.
Would I be wasting time to contacting it for clearing?

ABB is actually is a really great result, definitely try as you have nothing to lose!
Reply 13
If I don't get into my firm choice, do you think that universities that I declined when choosing a firm and an insurance would accept me through clearing? Or should I just not bother contacting them?
Original post by M.ABR
If I don't get into my firm choice, do you think that universities that I declined when choosing a firm and an insurance would accept me through clearing? Or should I just not bother contacting them?

Hi there,

There's nothing to stop you! They probably wouldn't be too upset. What's the worst that can happen? They say no?
Is this clearing list final or will more be added tomorrow???
Original post by Roving Fish
Hi there,

There's nothing to stop you! They probably wouldn't be too upset. What's the worst that can happen? They say no?

Original post by Roving Fish
ABB is actually is a really great result, definitely try as you have nothing to lose!

It's 2 grades lower than my lowest offer :3
Anyways, when phoning up these universities should I be contacting them on their XXXX course telephone number or the general 2015 clearing number?
Also

"The University of Birmingham will be offering a limited number of places through Home/EU and International Clearing to exceptional candidates, looking to begin their studies in 2015."
Their offer was A*AA for my course, think it's worth wasting valuable time phoning them?
Original post by IAmYourdog
It's 2 grades lower than my lowest offer :3
Anyways, when phoning up these universities should I be contacting them on their XXXX course telephone number or the general 2015 clearing number?

I would suggest their general Clearing number to start with. :smile:
Original post by natsciballer
Is this clearing list final or will more be added tomorrow???

It is final, you can try for other courses as they may be able to take you and there's no harm in asking. Things will start disappearing from tomorrow, it's advisable to check the uni website for an up to date list.

Quick Reply

Latest