The Student Room Group

UCAS Clearing Vacancies & TRACK Now Live!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zottula
Worth calling them up again to check and see if they can sent confirmation of the verbal offer. Also ask for a deadline by which you need to respond.

Things vary between courses and universities, so I wouldn't get too worried about how quickly your friend got confirmation compared to yourself.

Thanks! They can't decline it right, esp after they made me an offer? I'm only worried because it was for the same uni and same course! Yeah def gonna phone them up first thing tomorrow! Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I've been offered a place at a university do I rightfully have time to think on it? I mean, even though I've been given an offer could the spaces be filled up by others with Clearing offers, or do they only give out offers a they are available?
Reply 82
If I accepted a course related to my original chosen course and then after a while switch to the course I originally wanted to go, would they still consider my A levels? Or the grades I had in the course? How does it work?
Original post by myaccount
If I've been offered a place at a university do I rightfully have time to think on it? I mean, even though I've been given an offer could the spaces be filled up by others with Clearing offers, or do they only give out offers a they are available?

You lol have till whatever deadline they gave you:smile:

Original post by Shaaa9
If I accepted a course related to my original chosen course and then after a while switch to the course I originally wanted to go, would they still consider my A levels? Or the grades I had in the course? How does it work?

They could consider both, it would depend on what you were transferring to really.
Reply 84
[QUOTE=claireestelle;58499859]You lol have till whatever deadline they gave you:smile:

They could consider both, it would depend on what you were transferring to really.

Didn't meet the requirements for law with criminology so was thinking to enter in a different course, that is criminology and after a year change course and transfer to my original chosen course. How do I do that? Would they still judge me based on my previous a levels?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shaaa9
Didn't meet the requirements for law with criminology so was thinking to enter in a different course, that is criminology and after a year change course and transfer to my original chosen course. How do I do that? Would they still judge me based on my previous a levels?

I think they d consider everything really, if you wanted to transfer within the uni it could be different
Reply 86
[QUOTE=claireestelle;58500143]I think they d consider everything really, if you wanted to transfer within the uni it could be different

Yeah, I wanted to change within the same uni! How is it different if I change within the same uni?
Original post by Shaaa9
Yeah, I wanted to change within the same uni! How is it different if I change within the same uni?

You d have to go through ucas again to go to a different uni and you wouldn't to stay at the same one
Reply 88
Original post by claireestelle
You d have to go through ucas again to go to a different uni and you wouldn't to stay at the same one

Lol... I said I'd want to change course in the same uni.. Would they consider the grades of my first year in the course I attended?
Original post by Shaaa9
Lol... I said I'd want to change course in the same uni.. Would they consider the grades of my first year in the course I attended?

Sorry I awfully worded my last post (long couple of days :tongue:)
Yeah they would if you did well they probably wouldn't look at your a levels as much if at all. In the case of my uni I only had to pass to get onto the first year of another .
Reply 90
Sorry I awfully worded my last post (long couple of days :tongue:)
Yeah they would if you did well they probably wouldn't look at your a levels as much if at all. In the case of my uni I only had to pass to get onto the first year of another .

Oh ok.. And was your chosen course related to the previous one or totally different?

There are some universities that insist on using UCAS for internal transfers:yes: stupid but true
Original post by Shaaa9
Oh ok.. And was your chosen course related to the previous one or totally different?

Related:smile:
Reply 93
Related:smile:

But if it's related and they covered some modules of your current course why did you have to start all over again?
Original post by Shaaa9
But if it's related and they covered some modules of your current course why did you have to start all over again?

Sorry related subject as in I ve done health and social care and am doing mh nursing so the modules don't match for the most part.
Hi again,

I was just wondering that once you are offered a place through clearing on track officially, are you obliged to go to that university? I've been thinking that I may have rushed into accepting a place yesterday (track confirmed it today) I just wanted to keep my options open because I hadn't fully made up my mind about the future and now I'm thinking that maybe I should take a gap year instead and reapply. Any advice about how to (if needed in future) withdraw from this offer would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
In Clearing/Adjustment, I see that a lot of Universities listed their places immediately, whilst others appeared some hours later.

At this moment in time, do you think that if someone declined their place at a Uni they would list the place on clearing, or would they offer it to someone who narrowly missed their offer?
Hi

If you are looking for a place in Clearing the best thing to do is ring the Clearing hotline number. Most universities will have this listed on their website home page. It's a lot easier to call than go through online listings as sometimes technical issues may delay an update on numbers.

Is there any course in particular that you are looking for?

Original post by IndecisiveMuch
In Clearing/Adjustment, I see that a lot of Universities listed their places immediately, whilst others appeared some hours later.

At this moment in time, do you think that if someone declined their place at a Uni they would list the place on clearing, or would they offer it to someone who narrowly missed their offer?
Original post by M.ABR
What kind of questions do universities ask during clearing phone calls and how long does clearing last for (will it end tomorrow)?

It can vary depending on the University you ring; every case is different. With us it very much depends on what course you are enquiring about. When you speak to one of our advisors they will just chat generally to you about what grades you got and what you are looking to study. You can also be referred to academics who can give you further details about the course to put your mind at ease. If you ever wanted to ring us or if you have any general questions about the process you can ring our number on 03330 433414

As for the length of clearing it can continue until the end of September but it is best to try and organize yourself as quick as possible.

I hope all of this helps and you find a course that's great for you!
All the best,
Jack
(Graduate Advocate)
Original post by Maverick07
Hi again,

I was just wondering that once you are offered a place through clearing on track officially, are you obliged to go to that university? I've been thinking that I may have rushed into accepting a place yesterday (track confirmed it today) I just wanted to keep my options open because I hadn't fully made up my mind about the future and now I'm thinking that maybe I should take a gap year instead and reapply. Any advice about how to (if needed in future) withdraw from this offer would be greatly appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Maverick,

Did you confirm the clearing course on UCAS track? If so I would suggest you contact the university admissions team. It is sensible to research the University and the course to make sure it is the best fit for you; you have to make sure you are passionate about the course. Just make sure you really want to withdraw the offer before you contact the admissions team.
Hope this helps

Jack
(Graduate Advocate)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending