Turn on thread page Beta

Lifes greatest feeling watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please no stupid replies but i was wondering what do you think are the one greatest and worse feeling in the world

Mine:

Greatest: Peace of mind, the ability to know that everything will work out ok, and you never worry about anything ever.

Worse: Regret, looking back and saying a wish i said this to him, or her and know that you will never ever get a chance to say it again.

ReputationRep:
    Greatest feelings:
    -drinking hot chocolate on a cold day!
    -eating icecream on a hot day! mmmm
    -getting 100% on an exam!
    -beginners luck (and thereby winding up ur opponent who's spent the past 5 years trying 2 perfect what u mastered in ur first go. heh heh!)
    -winning
    -reading an amazing book/ seeing an amazing film
    -butterflies in ur stomach! luv em! eg. when jumping off a high diving board or going on a roller coaster!

Worst feelings:
    -feeling scared about stuff in world eg murders etc.
    -loosing
    -failing an exam
    -feeling forced into something when u really really dont wanna
    -monday blues/ last day of hols feeling
    -feeling left out/ like u dont belong

ReputationRep:
    greatest? love, u just cant beat it!

worst, i hate being worried, or lookign back and thinking, if only i worked a little harder!

ReputationRep:
    best - passing driving test you've sooooo wanted to pass, but kept failing.

worst - waking up on monring of 4th driving test not wanting to fail again.

or

trying to sleep night before exam results - so when you do get amazin results your too tired to celebrate and all you want to do is sleep.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by ickle_katy

trying to sleep night before exam results - so when you do get amazin results your too tired to celebrate and all you want to do is sleep.
    I know what you mean!! I had about a week inbetween my penultimate and my last exam. It was sucha nightmare coz I kept feeling that there was no point to study for the final exam (especially since it was the nasty chem synoptic). And have 2 agree with Ollie... looking back I could really have worked a little harder there! neva mind tho. alls thats in the past now!

ReputationRep:
    The greatest feeling; I've had so far, was on a day about 2 months ago when I was in my usual spot third lesson on a Monday morning, my lesson where I help out the Year 7 group with their maths.

Their teacher is the Head of Year 10 and it so happened that the previous lesson a parent had phoned in and was coming in at short notice; no chance to get cover, or supply staff in.

I ended up teaching; not just observing, and helping out, but actually teaching. One of the most nerve wracking moments in my life, but they were only doing area of triangles, anyway - however for the C-set (bottom, next down is special needs) this wasn't the easiest thing for them.

They called me sir, behaved, and got on with their work, and after coming into the lesson not knowing how to calculate the area of a triangle, by the end they left knowing it - I'd actually taught them something.

It so happened that the normal teacher, not knowing that I would instinctively teach them if he didn't come back by 10 minutes into the lesson, went to get another member of the maths faculty (my further maths teacher as it happens), and I saw him walk in to the room, but instead of take over, he just let me continue, and by the end of the lesson he just said "Well Done, we've got post grads in from Notts Trent on teaching practise who haven't managed to get a class under control".

I don't particularly want to be a teacher, but I apparently got an appraisal at the end of year meeting between all the 6th form teaching staff which recognized the work that I've put in.

It's been rewarding.

good on u mate! that sounds truly rewarding!

ReputationRep:
    There is no greater feeling in the world than knowing that there is someone out there that you can confide in, someone who you know you can trust. The thought of that will keep you going, it will give you hope. You will be able to get up in the morning to be able to say, "Hey, maybe I'll see that special person today." Or if you haven't found them yet, "Hey, maybe if I'll just get out of bed, I might run into that one special person on my way out the door." Having someone who will always be there as your constant is one of the only things in the world that pretty much everyone wants, or is thankful that they have.
    However great that feeling is, what is worse is the thought of loosing them. Or even worse, how you feel once you have. You feel lost, like what's the point in going on if that one constant thing in your life is not so constant anymore. But you have to keep going, only for the reason that you can't give up on yourself, no matter how down and out you feel. And the only thing that can make you move on is the thought that maybe, just maybe, you will be able to find that one special person again, only this time it's someone else, or something else. Only these experiences make you question what fun would life be if it wasn't for that rush you get when you find what and who you spent all this time looking for.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by tweetsy85
    -feeling left out/ like u dont belong
    This is true for 'worst'.

ReputationRep:
    I'd agree with that...

ReputationRep:
    best feeling- definately knowing you can trust someone completely. knowing that when you're feeling down they will always talk 2 u or give you a hug. knowing that if you go round to theirs they won't care if you fall asleep on the sofa, just as long as you're together....
    or even just being somewhere and knowing everything is right (even if it's not)- i got that when i went skiing- i'd left a mess behind at home (i just dumped my boyfriend) + it was so quiet and peaceful + beautiful that i could just relax + forget everything.

worst feeling- guilt, knowing you have hurt someone you love + could have prevented a hell of a lot of pain. or being alone- honestly feeling that you can't pick up the phone and ring any oone of your friends for a gossip.

Best: Waking up on a Saturday morning next to someone still looking all "sexy-sleepy" (much better if it's actually your G'friend / B'friend).

Worst: Feeling helpless and unable to affect a situation.

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, why do you want 2 know and what made you ask? My greatest feeling in the world comes from performing. I thought nothing would replace a standing ovation of the Bromley Youth Chamber Orchestra when we unexpectantly had a full house at Gent Cathedral or winning the National Youth Orchestra of the Year with Bromley Youth Symphony Orchestra, playing the Planets (Holst) at the Royal Albert Hall, but i was wrong. My biggest buzz has been performing at an open mike session my own music in front of a half pissed crowd of 50 acoustic lovers and being clapped and cheered for something i loved doing (rather like the teacher experience posted last). My worst time has been my numbness to almost eveything since leaving uni - i don't know whether its part of getting older but i can't seem to be as passionate about anything apart from my music or acting - not even my family, girlfriend, friends, money, week to week. It can b depressing and confidence shattering. Has anyone else who's left uni found this?

ReputationRep:
    The best feelings come when your really in trouble or you're about to mess up or have done in the past. Then you overcome what ever it was and the problems, troubles, drama, the pain, fear feels like it never existed. You just feel so damn happy it's over and so good because you overcame it.

And the bigger the challenge the better it feels.

My favourite moments are winning in sport or even better coming back from a certain loss against a better team, really working and getting a win in a good match. The best feeling isn't win the game is over but just as you feel the game is just turning in your favour.

ReputationRep:
    Best: Waking up at 6 in the morning and going right back to sleep.
    Finding out you've aced the exam you were certain you'd failed

Worst: Waking up at 6 and actually having to get up
    Finding out you've failed the exam you were certain you'd passed.

ReputationRep:
    Best: opening up the curtains in the morning to find a sunny day with not a cloud in the sky.

Worst: Opening up the curtains in the morning to find a dark, miserable day and heavy rain. Knowing you have to go outside and walk in it for 15 minutes to get to a job you despise.

ReputationRep:
    Greatest feeling - the orgasm during sex

Worst feeling - knowing you're about to be sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    Best: Waking up at 6 in the morning and going right back to sleep.
    Finding out you've aced the exam you were certain you'd failed

Worst: Waking up at 6 and actually having to get up
    Finding out you've failed the exam you were certain you'd passed.
    Oh, absolutely!!! *yawwwnnnn*

ReputationRep:
    Apparently (?!) the most pleasurable human feeling/experience is sneezing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Apparently (?!) the most pleasurable human feeling/experience is sneezing.
    Ooh, I couldn't agree more. There's nothing more pleasurable than a nice sneeze...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.