Where can I go with a D*D*D Extended Dip. in Public Services? Watch

TheStudentDan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Good evening,

I finished college in June, with a D*D*D Extended Diploma in Public Services (which, I believe, is 400 UCAS points?).

I'm not sure where to go or what to do now. I currently work and haven't made any long-term plans, nor have I gone through with such plans, since I left. I was interested in joining the Police Service as a Special (not as a regular while they're being treated like they are) and possibly an Officer in the Royal Air Force or Royal Navy/British Army.

I'm floating towards an Officer role as it's the type of career that I believe I'll do really well in (that all depends on if I actually become one).

What types of courses are available that require my qualification, and what universities offer them? The 'Which Subject?' bar at the top doesn't give a 'Public Services' option?
darrantdpsexton
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TheStudentDan)
Good evening,

I finished college in June, with a D*D*D Extended Diploma in Public Services (which, I believe, is 400 UCAS points?).

I'm not sure where to go or what to do now. I currently work and haven't made any long-term plans, nor have I gone through with such plans, since I left. I was interested in joining the Police Service as a Special (not as a regular while they're being treated like they are) and possibly an Officer in the Royal Air Force or Royal Navy/British Army.

I'm floating towards an Officer role as it's the type of career that I believe I'll do really well in (that all depends on if I actually become one).

What types of courses are available that require my qualification, and what universities offer them? The 'Which Subject?' bar at the top doesn't give a 'Public Services' option?
http://search.ucas.com/search/provid...=&SubjectCode=

Thats a link of the uni's that have public service courses that are available through clearing.
tim_123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why not just join the army now, yoy don't need a degree to be an officer... I would, from a personal bias, say have a go at becoming a Royal Marines officer.... Don't go sandhurst
TheStudentDan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by tim_123)
Why not just join the army now, yoy don't need a degree to be an officer... I would, from a personal bias, say have a go at becoming a Royal Marines officer.... Don't go sandhurst
I'm just wondering what I can do and where I can go with what I have I'm at no-where-near the required fitness levels to join the Royal Marines - I just barely make the required levels for the Royal Navy/RAF/BA, haha!
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Starbucks?
tim_123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm just wondering what I can do and where I can go with what I have I'm at no-where-near the required fitness levels to join the Royal Marines - I just barely make the required levels for the Royal Navy/RAF/BA, haha!
We'll get your fitness up and give it a crack then!

Sorry I haven't really got anymore to add then that, I did public services purely because my parents wouldn't let me join before I was 18. But now I'm out and off to uni, and my public services btec was useless!
ArmyJobs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good evening,

Hey, it's ArmyJobs here.

Those are fantastic grades!

I see from your post that you are interested in the Police Force, and potentially a career with the British Army as an Officer. Have you thought about the role of a Military Police Officer within the Royal Military Police?

Here is a little bit about the role of a Military Police Officer,

As a Royal Military Police Officer you're an expert in investigation, policing and detention. You will be responsible for leading a team assigned to police and law enforcement in the military community at home and on operations. After the 44-week Commissioning Course at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst you do the 12-week Military Officers’ Course at the Defence College of Policing and Guarding.

After your training your would start at the Rank of a Second Lieutenant! Whilst serving this role, you can attempt the Commando course, and if you serve with 156 Provost Company, which provides police support to 16 Air Assault Brigade, you could attempt the ‘P Company’ pre-parachute selection course.

All Officers have the opportunity to gain civilian qualifications as a result of their training in the RMP. Accreditation can be gained by doing the Serious Crime Investigation Course and the Close Protection Course.

In order to apply for this role you'll need 180 UCAS points and 35 ALIS points at GCSE, (including a minimum grade C in English, Maths and a science or foreign language).

If you have any more questions please ask.

Regards
ArmyJobs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads