The Student Room Group

Is this classed as a girl checking me out?

I've been going to the gym for a few months and my arms especially have gotten pretty muscly, not massive but pretty well defined, and i've noticed a few times when I walk past some girls they would look at my arms... Is this classed as them checking me out?
It is classed as checking your arms out. Have you talked to them at all?
Reply 2
Original post by william walker
It is classed as checking your arms out. Have you talked to them at all?

No one was with their mum and the other wasn't really in a place where I could stop and speak to her

What are you supposed to say to some random girl checking you out that you don't know lol?
Original post by Anonymous
No one was with their mum and the other wasn't really in a place where I could stop and speak to her

What are you supposed to say to some random girl checking you out that you don't know lol?

Well you stop, turn and look at her, smile and say "are you checking me out". See what she says.

Nobody has ever checked me out. So I have never been able to put what I say into practice. Well, no good looking person has anyway. Oh no actually one did, but I was shy and just looked away. :colondollar:
(edited 8 years ago)
Well you stop, turn and look at her, smile and say "are you checking me out". See what she says.

Nobody has ever checked me out. So I have never been able to put what I say into practice. Well, no good looking person has anyway. Oh no actually one did, but I was shy and just looked away. :colondollar:

or you could say "hi how are you" therefore starting a normal conversation and not sounding really cocky.
Original post by chelseafreak
or you could say "hi how are you" therefore starting a normal conversation and not sounding really cocky.

Why that would just be random. That is no way to start such a conversation.

To be honest if someone said ''are you checking me out'' I'd say they come across as another arrogant gym moron who hits on all the girls at the gym. It's pretty easy to strike up conversation at a gym, about something or other. Just saying hey, hows it going, particularly if you're at a gym class together, is a useful way to get to know people in general, and then you can take it from there if you take a liking to the girl.
Why that would just be random. That is no way to start such a conversation.

it is how you meet people

OP could go one step further and say 'why hello there, I notice you're admiring my exquisitely finely sculpted tri-cep muscles'
Original post by banoffeee
To be honest if someone said ''are you checking me out'' I'd say they come across as another arrogant gym moron who hits on all the girls at the gym. It's pretty easy to strike up conversation at a gym, about something or other. Just saying hey, hows it going, particularly if you're at a gym class together, is a useful way to get to know people in general, and then you can take it from there if you take a liking to the girl.

:rofl: Good luck with that.
it is how you meet people

I don't meet people. So I can't comment. However that sounds rather dull. :colonhash:

you yourself have admitted in this thread that you don't meet people or get checked out so maybe you should rethink your approach before laughing at people you don't agree with

I can tell you now there is nothing more irritating to a girl than some overly hench guy with tattoos all over swaggering over to a girl at the gym looking like he wants her in his bed. It's such a turn off. Just because they're muscular doesn't mean every girl wants to sleep with them. Or maybe thats just me.
It's pretty obvious what it is. Look at it from our perspective. When we look at a fitty in the gym, it's obvious we are checking her out, why else would we have a cheeky look. If they look again in short bursts then yeh it's checking you out.

What do you say, well up to you. Personally when I'm at the gym I never talk to people, I do 30 second breaks between arm, shoulders, back and chest exercises, haven't got time to talk or sweating my *** off. If I cared I'd smile back and make a comment on what they are doing in terms of exercise, easiest way to hit things off in a GYM
I suppose so..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending