kiera28
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya. Basically, I have some ideas regarding what I want to study at uni and am picking my A Levels for September.

The undergrad degree courses I'm interested in vary somewhat. I want to work in fashion, law, primary school teaching, politics or journalism. Therefore I think I would study Law (with politics maybe?), English Lit or Fashion. I need to pick A Levels which will keep my options open to these courses.

At the moment I am thinking: English Literature, Art and Design and Politics. Would these A levels keep all of my potential career routes open?
I'm also stuck between Classical Civilisation and RS for my fourth AS Level.
Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!
username1421435
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by kiera28)
Hiya. Basically, I have some ideas regarding what I want to study at uni and am picking my A Levels for September.

The undergrad degree courses I'm interested in vary somewhat. I want to work in fashion, law, primary school teaching, politics or journalism. Therefore I think I would study Law (with politics maybe?), English Lit or Fashion. I need to pick A Levels which will keep my options open to these courses.

At the moment I am thinking: English Literature, Art and Design and Politics. Would these A levels keep all of my potential career routes open?
I'm also stuck between Classical Civilisation and RS for my fourth AS Level.
Any advice would be very appreciated. Thanks!
If i were you (which I'm not,l so dont take any advice too seriously, its your choice, its your career and life), i would ditch Art and Design for both Classical Civilisation and RS to make up your 4
kiera28
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Eux)
If i were you (which I'm not,l so dont take any advice too seriously, its your choice, its your career and life), i would ditch Art and Design for both Classical Civilisation and RS to make up your 4
I was going to do that initially as I am going to do Gold Arts Award (Fashion and Costuming) and thought it would compensate for Art A level but I think that Art is perceived as a necessity for Fashion :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads