My sister is much prettier than me... I feel like crap Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
She's younger, has a prettier face, much nicer figure, gets on better with my parents and they like her better, is a great artist, has waay more friends and a better social life, and guys are always falling at her feet

I feel like absolute crap sometimes when I'm around her and do get jealous

I don't know how to get over it
Bealzibub
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
needs pics to asses this situation
yusJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So weird that you get jealous of your own sister, she's your sister ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Bealzibub)
needs pics to asses this situation
no
whydoidothis?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whats your relationship like?
Do you talk or do stuff often?
tayyabk64
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
replace your jealousy with love and maybe you'll begin to feel a whole lot better after you stop seeing her as competition
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You've got to have some of the same genes, right?

It's a different issue, but let me tell you about a girl and her sister.

A girl I know had to resit Year 12, and came out with good AS grades, the same year as her younger sister.

Her sister is really bright, and got an offer for medicine from Southampton (really good). The older sister got an offer for biomedical science at King's. A less competitive course than medicine, but a good university, and the older sister was happy for her sister.

Come results day, the younger sister exceeded her offer and got A*A*A*A. The older sister, however, missed her offer by 4 grades, getting BCC, and ended up at a bottom 10 university. She had to deal with her sister massively outshining her, and where she's at now is a constant reminder of that.

But she is making the most of what she's got. She worked hard, became the environment rep for her uni and presumably got a good grade. I do not know as I am no longer in contact with her.

Anyway, make the most of what you have. There's plenty of ways to be attractive to someone. It can be tough to live around someone like your sister, but not impossible.
Fatcoin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't be helped. There is no reason to be upset about something you can't control. Play with the hand you have been dealt. Focus on yourself instead of envying what others have achieved. Not everything is a competition.
ripjonsnow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"has waay more friends and a better social life"

I dont have any of those things. But my money keeps me happy
zyzzyspirit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Time to stab little sister in her sleep.
username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You need to focus and work on yourself
Prince_fancybum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Burn her.

Or give her to me
Lwin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My older brother will always academically outshine me. But you've got to try and forget that, and concentrate more on your sister as just your sister or it'll make it very hard to get along well.
She's your sister, it's ok to be a little jealous sometimes, but you also love her and want her to do well.
German123
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am happy for my little sister and her mock grades, they were better than mine when i was in year 10.

She is your little sister, so you need to support her in every way you can.

Don't hold grudges, they will get you nowhere.
German123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, Never compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
Biryani007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My younger sister is prettier than me too, but so what?...

Your face is your face, maybe try working on the way you dress, your hair, makeup, etc to look the best you can look?
Getting on with your parents and having more friends is due to her character...maybe try to be nicer, talk to more people, try make friends?

At the end of the day she is your sister, be happy for what she has become and try working on yourself
Man.bear.pig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if shes your sister it's in your genes to potentially become like her you know...and it's something I notice kids get better looking with each child, like the DNA and genes are getting closer to each other lol
Proxenus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by German123)
Also, Never compare yourself to someone else. The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday.
oh sheeeet
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I usually find that in a group of friends the one who thinks she is the ugliest is really the prettiest.
zyzzyspirit
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
I usually find that in a group of friends the one who thinks she is the ugliest is really the prettiest.
So Maid?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.68%
Disagree (11)
7.1%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.26%
Agree (59)
38.06%
Strongly Agree (20)
12.9%

Watched Threads