Does this University e-mail suggest I've got in? Watch

Euthymic223
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just got an e-mail from the University of Essex telling me the following, which suggests that I've got in but still I'm not too sure what to think until Track goes live and so posting on here. I'm pretty certain I've got in, as the e-mail is quite conspiuous but here it goes, what do you think?:

You did it! You made it through your exams alive and now you're off to university.

Even though coming to Essex might not have been your first choice (it’s ok, Plan B always works out for the best), we’re positive you’ll be glad you picked us.

You can now apply for your accommodation. The best bit? We’ll guarantee you a place to live in university-owned accommodation for your first year, provided you’ve completed your application form by 11.59pm Friday 21 August 2015.

We've recently been ranked 7th in the UK for our accommodation (The Telegraph). We’ve got somewhere to suit every budget and every personality, so take a look at theoptions available and get applying now.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Seems pretty much like a ''Congratulations'' email . What was the subject title?
GemmaConlin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Was Essex your insurance? As I got a similar email last year even though I hadn't picked them as either my firm or insurance but had applied to them
Euthymic223
Rep:
?
It was my insurance yeah. Though, if you got an e-mail from them without applying to them, it may be that they send these e-mails automatically to people who they have in their system. Oh well, a mixture of disappointment and relief as it looks like i've got into my insurance but not my firm.
spfl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got an email suggesting I'd gotten into a uni a few month ago (I'm a Scottish student), this was followed by another email suggesting it was a mistake and they accidentally sent the email to everyone.

Not saying your case is similar and it probably isn't due to the fact that it's today but just be aware it could be a mistake, just wait on track updating.
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Track's up so you can have a look?
GemmaConlin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Euthymic223)
It was my insurance yeah. Though, if you got an e-mail from them without applying to them, it may be that they send these e-mails automatically to people who they have in their system. Oh well, a mixture of disappointment and relief as it looks like i've got into my insurance but not my firm.
Well Done on getting into Essex! (I think that's what you're saying, have you checked track now it's live?)
Euthymic223
Rep:
?
Yeah thanks all. Just checked Track and it appears that I've got in. Once again, thanks for the help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (487)
31.16%
The paper was reasonable (603)
38.58%
Not feeling great about that exam... (256)
16.38%
It was TERRIBLE (217)
13.88%

Watched Threads