The Student Room Group

Bad A level results

Im already planning to have a gap year and apply again this year but i got maths B chemistry C biolgy C for my a levels which is really bad. Is there any way for me to improve this? Like do an access course or something.
Original post by Epinerphine
Im already planning to have a gap year and apply again this year but i got maths B chemistry C biolgy C for my a levels which is really bad. Is there any way for me to improve this? Like do an access course or something.

That really isnt that bad, theres many unis that would accept you for nursing with that.
Reply 2
I got C C C in biology maths and chem. I got 4 interviews/offers with that. I'm starting at aru for adult nursing in september. You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearing could present quite a few options for you. There are lots of providers and courses who are looking for the subject mix you have.
Good luck!

As others have said you still plenty of places that your grades are good enough for. Have a look at this wiki to see where you can apply

p.s. try not to be disheartened by your results, they're still great results in hard subjects. Make sure you celebrate today!
Reply 5

Spoiler

Original post by Max1997

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Max1997

Spoiler

You could take a gap year and resit? You could try foundation entry in clearing but i m afraid you would be off by a few points.
Original post by zyzzyspirit

Spoiler

You got the exam same a level grades I did, if you still want to go for nursing i would suggest you go for a HNC for a year through clearing possibly (what i did although went and did the HND on top but now doing mh nursing next month) and then you could get in with that or resit the two Es to get them up to C's. (you need anymore help feel free to pm me.
Original post by claireestelle
You got the exam same a level grades I did, if you still want to go for nursing i would suggest you go for a HNC for a year through clearing possibly (what i did although went and did the HND on top but now doing mh nursing next month) and then you could get in with that or resit the two Es to get them up to C's. (you need anymore help feel free to pm me.

or also normal foundation entry at keele and uclan would consider you with those grades too
Reply 11

Spoiler

thats not as bad as mine though, at least you passed all of em.

Original post by claireestelle
You could take a gap year and resit? You could try foundation entry in clearing but i m afraid you would be off by a few points.

that was my as result, im going to continue my business studies and pick up a new course as double health and social care so ill have to do another two years. but thanks for replying.
Original post by Max1997
thats not as bad as mine though, at least you passed all of em.

that was my as result, im going to continue my business studies and pick up a new course as double health and social care so ill have to do another two years. but thanks for replying.

Oh i see, I think you ve made a good choice there:smile:

You can give our clearing line a call on 01772 830777 to find out if we have any available spaces for you :smile:
Original post by KQuick
I got C C C in biology maths and chem. I got 4 interviews/offers with that. I'm starting at aru for adult nursing in september. You'll be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where did you a apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Bloom77
Where did you a apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to kingston, salford, anglia ruskin, edinburgh napier. Uclan offered me a foundation course that leads to nursing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending