Report 16 years ago
yes, that makes it seem much better!
tagzt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by a_musical_gal
You never know but remind me never to vote for you.
thats a bit harsh, what if i promise to focus on education, education and education?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Providing that you don't want to be P.M of Europe (a la Mr. Blair), you already have my vote.
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Your previous answer Leekey, combined with my boredom has made me come up with a potential new Weapon of mass destruction. through cloning, etc, and other wierd scientific ****, make a 'kid' whose parents are George Bush, and Tony Blair, admittedly hard to do, but imagine the destruction, when you combine the stupidity,and trigger happiness of Bush, with the ability to lie, suck up, and generally screw things up of Blair. Now that is a scary thought.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I would fear for any country with oil reserves!

*Clearly if a country has untapped wealth, then they must be able to launch "weapons of mass destruction" within 45 mins*
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
what about adding the italian prime minister? hes pretty stupid- did you here what he aid in the EU!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's a point, add in Berlusconi (Italian Prime minister) insults/dodginess, and Chirac (French Presidents) dislike of americans/brits, etc., and you have got something creepier than Micheal Jackson.

Phil
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
doesnt it seem sometimes that the world is run by a load of idiots doesnt it. maybe Uk-Learning should take over lol!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree, shotgun on president of the world, no make that king. I'm king of the world, weee.

Phil

Sorry about that, it's been a long day, involving a lot of caffene, and boredom.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I actually find Berlusconi's situation quite funny!

He is P.M of Italy and he owns most of the big business and media comapnies. He can basically make himself as rich as he wants and nobody can do anything. I thought it was incredibly funny (and wrong) when he sacked that political pundit on national television just for questioning him.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes, makes you wonder whether rupert murdoch hsever considered doing the same!
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I loved what he said to the geman MEP, cause it kinda reminded me of 2 nursery kids, but then I remembered that this guy controlled Italy's army, TV, and the entire state. Did you hear what the junior tourism minister for italy said? I must admit, I liked the way in which he changed the law the night before he was going to be convicted of breakin that law.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
I think he's changed the law to better suit himself about 4 times now. If I was in power I would start out with good intentions and everthing else but I could see myslef becoming just like him and just trying to make as much money as possible.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah, have u read animal farm?
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's kinda harsh suggesting berlusconi is a pig.

Phil
tagzt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Ollie
yeah, have u read animal farm?
berlusconi may be an immoral, corrupt leader who only cares about his own wealth but he makes fantastic entertainment! he once told the danish PM that he was so good looking he should sleep with his wife and when asked about his baldness he replied "my brain is so big it pushes out all of my hair"

we need more people like that in power!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
nope! u read that wrong! have u read it? its an excelent book for someone who is interested by political coruption
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
At least for once the EU might be kinda interestin to watch over the next 6 months.

Phil
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Animal Farm is my favorite book of all time!!!

Orwell = My God

I don't think you can compare Berlusconi to the leader of the pigs, Neoplolean (probably not spelt correctly) was not as entertaining for a start, although I bet there would be quite a striking resemblence
PHIL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It is a pretty damn good book, especially the way in which it works on so many different levels.

Phil
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads