Are my grades good enough for Oxbridge?

Watch this thread
Susi Wolf
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, everyone.

I'm an international student who wishes to apply to Oxbridge in 2016. I was wondering if you could tell me if my grades are good enough to be a successful applicant.

My reports have been flawless for the first two years of high school (straight A*s/7s in all academic subjects). I just received my IGCSE results and I achieved 9 A*s and 2 As. The As are in French 1st Language and German 1st Language (I took 3 first language and 2 foreign language exams).

Academically speaking, what are my chances of receiving an offer from Oxbridge?
Lucilou101
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
What course are you looking at?

You'd need to be predicted the grades to meet the standard offer (AAA-A*A*A depending on course), and also may have to sit an admissions test.

Other than that it's hard to say, your GCSEs are good so are a good basis to begin on
-Gifted-
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lucilou101)
What course are you looking at?

You'd need to be predicted the grades to meet the standard offer (AAA-A*A*A depending on course), and also may have to sit an admissions test.

Other than that it's hard to say, your GCSEs are good so are a good basis to begin on
Does the actual AS results matter though? Or is it purely the predictions ?
Lucilou101
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by -Gifted-)
Does the actual AS results matter though? Or is it purely the predictions ?
AS results matter in so far as they need to show that you could reasonably meet the prediction you're given for A2. So AABB shows you meet A*AA. But CCCC wouldn't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
20%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (6)
12%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (14)
28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
24%

Watched Threads