The Student Room Group

Are my grades good enough for Oxbridge?

Hi, everyone.

I'm an international student who wishes to apply to Oxbridge in 2016. I was wondering if you could tell me if my grades are good enough to be a successful applicant.

My reports have been flawless for the first two years of high school (straight A*s/7s in all academic subjects). I just received my IGCSE results and I achieved 9 A*s and 2 As. The As are in French 1st Language and German 1st Language (I took 3 first language and 2 foreign language exams).

Academically speaking, what are my chances of receiving an offer from Oxbridge?
What course are you looking at?

You'd need to be predicted the grades to meet the standard offer (AAA-A*A*A depending on course), and also may have to sit an admissions test.

Other than that it's hard to say, your GCSEs are good so are a good basis to begin on :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lucilou101
What course are you looking at?

You'd need to be predicted the grades to meet the standard offer (AAA-A*A*A depending on course), and also may have to sit an admissions test.

Other than that it's hard to say, your GCSEs are good so are a good basis to begin on :smile:

Does the actual AS results matter though? Or is it purely the predictions ?
Original post by -Gifted-
Does the actual AS results matter though? Or is it purely the predictions ?

AS results matter in so far as they need to show that you could reasonably meet the prediction you're given for A2. So AABB shows you meet A*AA. But CCCC wouldn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending