The Student Room Group

tad worried

hi there

i got a D in english language last year at AS, and i did a retake which pushed it up to a high D, in fact one mark from a bloody C. Is it going to be really hard to get a C or B for the final A2 exam in june? I find this subject so hard, and revising for it is a nightmare. I really need a C, as I need AAC for exeter.

P.s how do i delete my account on UKL?
Reply 1
Really your school/college probably shouldn't let you do it A2 without having it at AS. Don't worry to much if you don't get a C because if the university likes you they may well offer you a place if you get a D.
Reply 2
Computergeek
hi there

i got a D in english language last year at AS, and i did a retake which pushed it up to a high D, in fact one mark from a bloody C. Is it going to be really hard to get a C or B for the final A2 exam in june? I find this subject so hard, and revising for it is a nightmare. I really need a C, as I need AAC for exeter.

P.s how do i delete my account on UKL?

Regarding account deletion, you'll have to PM the site admin (d).
stay in and revise really well,best of luck, im sure u will do well.
i got i mark of a c for chemistry, turns out i did get a high c, it was pushed down because of weighting, thats what happened to u i think.
Reply 4
so u mean that i got a C really?
thing is, english is really weird to revise..
Computergeek
so u mean that i got a C really?
thing is, english is really weird to revise..

the way to do well in english is to know the mark scheme really well. the examiners have so many papers to mark they don't really care what you are actually saying, as long as you are jumping through the hoops and scoring all the assessment objectives. our teacher has shown us examples of a-level papers that are factually extremely inaccurate (eg webster's the duchess of malfi is not a comic work when in fact that is the best thing about it) but which got really high A grades, because they are carefully structured and keep using the key words examiners look out for in the exam. if you don't have a copy of the assessment objectives i could send them to you. try and work out an essay structure before the exam, you can use that for any answer. you don't really need to know anything about the texts.
Reply 6
yeh that would be good, send them here [email protected]

did u do english? what did u get for it

Latest

Trending

Trending