How many marks was I away from that A?

Watch
katy456
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Got my results today (AS) I got ABBB. Im not that happy, especially as I got a B in Sociology. However, I converted UMS to raw mark and I think Im only two marks away from an A, but can someone double check for me?

I did AQA and my Unit 1 was an A but my unit 2 was a B, the UMS is 88. Please someone check xxx
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katy456)
Got my results today (AS) I got ABBB. Im not that happy, especially as I got a B in Sociology. However, I converted UMS to raw mark and I think Im only two marks away from an A, but can someone double check for me?

I did AQA and my Unit 1 was an A but my unit 2 was a B, the UMS is 88. Please someone check xxx
You can find AQA's UMS converter here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

According to that, a UMS of 88 on unit 2 corresponded to a raw mark of 56, and you needed 60 (in terms of raw marks) for the A grade on that paper.
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
However, I converted UMS to raw mark
howw!?
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by beyknowles)
howw!?
Type in AQA ums converter
usycool1
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by beyknowles)
howw!?
For AQA, use the UMS converter above. Enter 0 (or any number, provided it's less than the maximum number of raw marks) into the raw marks section and you can work backwards that way using their tables/graph.
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by usycool1)
You can find AQA's UMS converter here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

According to that, a UMS of 88 on unit 2 corresponded to a raw mark of 56, and you needed 60 (in terms of raw marks) for the A grade on that paper.
Guess ill have to retake :/
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by usycool1)

Hey could you work this one out for me please- for History Edexcel (Option D and A) I got 76 ums for each, which was a B - how many away from an A?x
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey could you work this one out for me please- for History Edexcel (Option D and A) I got 76 ums for each, which was a B - how many away from an A?x
I'm not familiar with the course, but I suspect that each unit is out of 100, and so 80 UMS would have been an A, so 4 away for both.
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
I'm not familiar with the course, but I suspect that each unit is out of 100, and so 80 UMS would have been an A, so 4 away for both.
What is 4 ums in terms of raw mark?
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What is 4 ums in terms of raw mark?
There might be an edexcel UMS converter, if you can find one of those. Don't get too bogged down in raw marks etc unless you have to. You could try guessing roughly by looking at the max amount of marks from the paper and calculating the ratio. Eg max mark of 50 in exam for max 100 UMS means 2 UMS per mark. I'd guess for you it's about 1-2 marks difference.
katy456
Rep:
?
(Original post by SeanFM)
There might be an edexcel UMS converter, if you can find one of those. Don't get too bogged down in raw marks etc unless you have to. You could try guessing roughly by looking at the max amount of marks from the paper and calculating the ratio. Eg max mark of 50 in exam for max 100 UMS means 2 UMS per mark. I'd guess for you it's about 1-2 marks difference.
Is this worth a remark- I was two marks away in each paper from an A, so four marks altogether across both papers, would you remark?x
Kevin De Bruyne
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this worth a remark- I was two marks away in each paper from an A, so four marks altogether across both papers, would you remark?x
Yeah, but I would ask my school what they think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (61)
22.1%
Excited but a bit nervous (126)
45.65%
Not bothered either way (36)
13.04%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.2%

Watched Threads