Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sometimes it happens that, when you've missed your offer, your uni decides to offer you an alternative course instead. This will show up on your Track as "UCC"- when you click on this, you will get the details of which course you have been offered instead. If you want to talk to an admissions tutor about the course you can try contacting the main admissions department of the uni (not the Clearing helpline) making it clear that you are an offerholder.

Do I have to accept the alternative course offer?
No, if you don't want to accept it you don't have to.

How long do I have to make up my mind?
Five days - the deadline will show on your Track.

What happens if I decline the offer?
If you have an insurance choice that is unconditional, that will become your confirmed place. If you don't have an insurance choice, you will be eligible for Clearing, in which case you might like to check out the Clearing FAQ.
OurFriendLazarus
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've emailed the uni saying that I have accepted the alternative offered course. UCAS hasn't been updated yet. I assume they will get around to it eventually but I keep worrying that they'll miss my email and give my place to someone else lol. This offer expires today at 2pm see. When is the latest date that track will be updated? Would it be rude to email my acceptance the 2nd time?

(Original post by Minerva)
Sometimes it happens that, when you've missed your offer, your uni decides to offer you an alternative course instead. This will show up on your Track as "UCC"- when you click on this, you will get the details of which course you have been offered instead. If you want to talk to an admissions tutor about the course you can try contacting the main admissions department of the uni (not the Clearing helpline) making it clear that you are an offerholder.

Do I have to accept the alternative course offer?
No, if you don't want to accept it you don't have to.

How long do I have to make up my mind?
Five days - the deadline will show on your Track.

What happens if I decline the offer?
If you have an insurance choice that is unconditional, that will become your confirmed place. If you don't have an insurance choice, you will be eligible for Clearing, in which case you might like to check out the Clearing FAQ.
I've emailed the uni saying that I have accepted the alternative offered course. UCAS hasn't been updated yet. I assume they will get around to it eventually but I keep worrying that they'll miss my email and give my place to someone else lol. Their lines have been so busy that I haven't been able to confirm verbally. This offer expires today at 2pm so I'm probably panicing too much. When is the latest date that track will be updated? Would it be rude to email my acceptance the 2nd time? Thanks.
Minerva
Rep:
?
(Original post by OurFriendLazarus)
I've emailed the uni saying that I have accepted the alternative offered course. UCAS hasn't been updated yet. I assume they will get around to it eventually but I keep worrying that they'll miss my email and give my place to someone else lol. Their lines have been so busy that I haven't been able to confirm verbally. This offer expires today at 2pm so I'm probably panicing too much. When is the latest date that track will be updated? Would it be rude to email my acceptance the 2nd time? Thanks.
You have to accept the course change on Track yourself - the uni can't do it for you. Once you've done this, the uni will know that you've accepted the change and your place will be confirmed. If you can't see how to do it, phone UCAS and ask them for help.
OurFriendLazarus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
You have to accept the course change on Track yourself - the uni can't do it for you. Once you've done this, the uni will know that you've accepted the change and your place will be confirmed. If you can't see how to do it, phone UCAS and ask them for help.
Thanks, I thought I had to do it myself too. But Track still says my offer is conditional and shows nothing like "accept/decline" etc.
Minerva
Rep:
?
(Original post by OurFriendLazarus)
Thanks, I thought I had to do it myself too. But Track still says my offer is conditional and shows nothing like "accept/decline" etc.
Ah - in that case you're in a different storyline! The uni will need to send through the changed course details and can make it an unconditional offer at the same time, so yes if you've sent them an email I'd ring them this morning and ask when they will send the changes through to UCAS. Keep an eye on your Track and if nothing has happened by late this afternoon, have another go. The lines should be much quieter by then anyway.
OurFriendLazarus
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ok thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.08%
I don't have everything I need (91)
37.92%

Watched Threads