Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    tap dance

or when I'm angry/upset I just call a friend and get out of the house

Oh and you've got one thing to be thankful for at least you're not actually related to your step dad, you may hate him but it's better than having a dad that you can't stand and...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisAgain)
    If i did that.. i'd be in even more trouble than i already am...
    I wasn't actually suggesting it...

As a serious suggestion just control it. You're not an animal after all.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really get angry.

I just get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    I play guitar. Loud. Hard. Fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chimp_spanner)
    I play guitar. Loud. Hard. Fast.
    You don't live above me by any chance do you? Nah, that would mean you were nearly always angry - and you'd have to add badly to the list...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    I don't really get angry.

I just get on with it.
    yeah, i dont really get angry, sometimes aggravated though.

I think Apathy has won me over.

ReputationRep:
    Scare a bird shitless... Usually does the trick.

ReputationRep:
    loud music...kick furniture

I don't get too angry these days either, so i'm not so sure.

There are two things i used to do but neither are very good so i wont mention them. Why don't you try looking at the source (your step-dad it seems) and thinking of a way to get around this without being angry, therefore cutting it off at the source. If your never angry you don't need to control it, afterall. In the meantime why don't you get a tennis ball and throw it at a wall and try to catch it (don't throw it so hard it hits your face, the last thing you need's an argument with a tennis ball.) Or go into the garden and make a pond.

ReputationRep:
    hehe. Its too late.

My anger has gone........ (beach boys rule)

but actually, its not SO good....

ReputationRep:
    Take up rugby or hockey if your angry...in your case american football. Or even better buy a punch bag!...If hitting a pillow doesn't help erm what about shouting really loudly...I don't really get angry that much so I'm not that much help- but frustration is a terrible thing

ReputationRep:
    How do ppl vent thier anger??
    I tend to get angry really easy, an i have no way to let it all out.... that makes me more angry!!

Anyone got any suggestions

and btw, hitting a pillow doesnt help...
    Holidng ice cubes in my palms, sounds rather strange but it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charters)
    Take up rugby or hockey if your angry...in your case american football. Or even better buy a punch bag!...If hitting a pillow doesn't help erm what about shouting really loudly...I don't really get angry that much so I'm not that much help- but frustration is a terrible thing
    i tried that.. it get frustrated cos I cant vent my anger in the way I want to - ie - f***king punching the guy.. -

i only have this prob cos he knows EXACTLY how to wind me up.. an there aint nothing I can do, it just grows an grows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Holidng ice cubes in my palms, sounds rather strange but it works.
    I never thought of that....

i'm gonna go try!

ReputationRep:
    i tried that.. it get frustrated cos I cant vent my anger in the way I want to - ie - f***king punching the guy.. -

i only have this prob cos he knows EXACTLY how to wind me up.. an there aint nothing I can do, it just grows an grows.
    who is he...? You've only been in America for about two weeks...and you already have an enemy?

ReputationRep:
    whoa... long story.
    My enemy followed me!!

mums boyf... packed his job in and followed us. nobody bloody told me he was coming.

he's took my bankcard, got my hair cut stupidly short (its all cold) and made me take my eyebrow ring out.

Oh yes. and he says i cant go on my holiday to florida with my mate.

Thats why i want to punch the guy.

the ice cube thing is good tho..... it was satisfying. but not as satisfying as punching would be.

ReputationRep:
    whoa... long story.
    My enemy followed me!!
    mums boyf... packed his job in and followed us. nobody bloody told me he was coming.
    he's took my bankcard, got my hair cut stupidly short (its all cold) and made me take my eyebrow ring out.
    the ice cube thing is good tho..... it was satisfying. but not as satisfying as punching would be.
    **** that sounds one hell of a *****! I feel sorry for you but if it helps I'm in a generally pissed off mood anyway. How the hell can he tel you how to cut your hair that's harsh- my Dads like that. I have to house sit for the whole weekend in the middle of nowhere and he took my car keys.... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    whoa... long story.
    My enemy followed me!!

Ok thats just nasty, what a biatch!

I know punching would be more satisfying but I find the ice cube thing useful as a second best.

ReputationRep:
    yes, he's a tw*t.

He's one of them guys that really belives a man rules the house, despite the fact he is NOTHING to do with me, he's not working, its not his house and he isnt even married to my mum.

He is just so irritating. He constantly insults me and acts like my dad, and a bloody strict dad at that. my dads never waited up till 1am to give me a telling off to come home.. unlike this bugger.

and to top it all. my summer holiday started thursday.. so I have to stay ALL summer....... roll on August. I'd do anythin to be back at school!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Ok thats just nasty, what a biatch!

I know punching would be more satisfying but I find the ice cube thing useful as a second best.
    Where did you find the whole ice cube thing out anyway, its rather interesting- maybe you have pulse points in your hand cause you have them in your wrist....or not

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.