The Student Room Group

Question about applying for clearing

I've applied for adjustment via the UCAS Track website, and it gives me 5 days to find a course. If i fail to meet that demand, what happens to my firm choice that has already been confirmed? Does that go away?

Just paranoid, need someone to confirm.

*ADJUSTMENT NOT CLEARING (I'm an idiot!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Do you mean adjustment? If so then your confirmed place stays even if you don't find anywhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMoeJay
I've applied for clearing via the UCAS Track website, and it gives me 5 days to find a clearing course. If i fail to meet that demand, what happens to my firm choice that has already been confirmed? Does that go away?

Heya,

Have you already been offered a place through UCAS for your firm choice....?

Do you mean you've applied through adjustment?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I've applied for clearing via the UCAS Track website, and it gives me 5 days to find a clearing course. If i fail to meet that demand, what happens to my firm choice that has already been confirmed? Does that go away?

Hi MrMoeJay,

Do you mean Adjustment rather than Clearing? With Adjustment you keep your original firm if no alternative is found.

You can only go into Clearing if you are not holding an offer on track, which means asking to be released if you already have a firm.
(edited 8 years ago)

Hiya,

How have you gone into clearing? Usually you'd have to phone the university and ask to be released?

RF
Original post by r-t
Do you mean adjustment? If so then your confirmed place stays even if you don't find anywhere else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've meant adjustment, I can't think properly right now. :/
Yeah I've meant adjustment, I can't think properly right now. :/

That's fine. If you can't negotiate with another university then your firm offer will still stand. :smile:
I've applied for adjustment via the UCAS Track website, and it gives me 5 days to find a course. If i fail to meet that demand, what happens to my firm choice that has already been confirmed? Does that go away?

*ADJUSTMENT NOT CLEARING (I'm an idiot!)

Adjustment is an opportunity for you to reconsider where and what to study. If you try going through Adjustment but you don't find anything, you'll still keep your Firm choice. You have five 24 hour periods (including weekends) within this time to use Adjustment. This time starts from when your conditional firm (CF) offer changes to unconditional firm (UF). I hope this information helps and best of luck!

Let us know how you get on :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending